SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest on Security Deposits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with Interest on Security Deposits. Eventhough we have locks in Contract Account and its validity period is till 9999 and few years back returned the security deposits. When we run the Interest on Security Deposit FPINTM2 system calculating the interest for all (security deposit alredy returned and having locks in contract account) i.e. very small amounts like $0.86, $0.82, $0.73 and crediting. We have hundreds of contract accounts like don't know why system behaving like this.

Any thoughts and replies appreciable.

Awaiting your responses.

Thanks & REgards

KV

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the cash security interest run is calculating interest on SD, then somehow the System is not taking the status of the SD as released.

You can first check in the table DFKKIAPT about the interest documents and all the relvant information,like the period for which the interest is getting calcuated, interest key etc.

Also check the released field in table -FKK_SEC for the security deposit no. For a relased SD, there should be flag X against this field. If this is not X, system will calculate interest on SD.

Moroever, instead of placing locks at the contract account master, place the interest lock at the SD line item through FPL9.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

kv:

Look at the deposit interest events - there you can find some answers. Additionally, if the deposit payment is still being held - i.e. released and still open as credit on account - then interest will still be calculated. If that is not your desire, then event 2015 should be looked at.

regards,

bill.