cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive and deletion of selected interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

I am facing a situation in which a particular interface is coming in bulk message . I want to archive it after every 7 day but want to keep the archive period of other interface as 60 days . Is it possible to achive one interface for 7 days and other for 60 days ?

I tried to check in sxmb_adm - define interfaces for archiving and retention period and selected my interface and set the retention period to 7 days but it in turn changed the retention period of all other interfaces also i.e in global table . I am surprised if the facility for seting retenion period for individual interfaces is not there then why there is an option for selecting interface ?

I followed the below link :

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-2

Kindly help me with your advice and experience .

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I dont think we have option of setting retention period interface wise.

It will be applicable for all the interfaces that you have selected for Archiving.

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

Thnaks for your reply so my point is that if I have 10 interface and in that 4 I have selected to get archived after 30 days then what will happen to rest three wether it will get archived after 60 days ( default period ) or they will not be archived ever.

Regards,

Saurabh

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

If out of 10, you have added only 4 interfaces, then messages for these 4 interface only will get archived after 30 days.

Messages for rest of the interfaces will not be touched as these interfaces are not added to the archiving list.

i.e, these messages wont be archived.

Edited by: Deepak Shah on Feb 22, 2011 5:10 PM

Answers (0)