cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable portal users to reset their own password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

I want our users to be able to reset their own password in our portal solution (NW7.01). I tried to add "pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/com.sap.portal.eu_role" but it gives too many options, users should not be able to change their name only password. I thought about changing UME parameters "UME Manage_My_Password

UME Manage_My_Profile" But I am in doubt where to change this in VA. I guess some security settings also apply (lenght, digits, capital letters etc) which should be in the security tab?

I hope someone can elaborate.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Soren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats your UME datasource? You may want to check attached link for the custom application.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0c09b9d-52e0-2d10-3981-86bfa8e19dc3?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

UME parameters are in visual admin of the java stack - not sure if this was what you were asking. i was hoping that there was a parameter I could set which would apply a additional button on login screen where you could reset your password, or maybe do it from the portal / personal settings yourself.

I am not much into programming web dynpro tools, so I think ill try to see if I could find a way to enable "forgot your password?" on the login page where you can mail a new password for yourself.

Thanks tho for the link, its much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Soren

Answers (0)