cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ASSERT condition was violated in web dynpro component configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have copied the Webdynpro application from FPM_OIF_COMPONENT TO z.

While creating the component Configuration I am getting error that ASSERT condition was violated.

Please help on this issue.

Regards

Chittya Bej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo chittya,

Why would you need to copy the FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, what you want to do ?. If your intention is to create FPM application configuration then follow the steps.

1.Create a Webdynpro application.

2.Type FPM_OIF_COMPONENT as component

3.Select FPM_WINDOW as interface view

4.Select default plug.

Save the application.

Right click the application and choose Configuration create/Change from context menu

This will open new browser window.

Fill in the configuration for the Application and press create.

This will result in a screen where you can create 2 more configurations for your FPM_OIF_COMPONENT and FPM_IDR_COMPONENT.

CREATE both configurations and save. This will display warning.

Select the first row and press go to configuration button to go to the configuration of the row being pressed.

press the create button. and this bring you to the configuration layout.

From here you can create the UIBB , toolbars ..etc.

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FPM_OIF_COMPONENT isweb dynpro component used for a object instance framework of floor plan manager. No need to copy the application.

All you have to do is while creating the application for your Z component containing set the interface window from the FPM_IOF_COMPONENT . Then you will see the application under FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.Now create component configuration.

Avoid copying the FPM_OIF_COMPONENT .

Regards,

MAdhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittya,

I am trying to do the same thing and got the same error. Am just wondering if you found a solution to the problem? If so, can you kindly share the solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Liz.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm going to add my voice to the suggestion in this thread that there is no reason to ever copy this WD Component. I think you need to study how the Floorplan Manager works and try and make your changes within the configuration framework of the FPM. To help, here is a like to the FPM page on SCN:

[original link is broken]

It contains a lot of useful information. In particular is the developers guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdabap?rid=/library/uuid/e0d500f5-5205-2e10-43a6-dd023a5d0818

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in the layout whether the labels and other fields are set correctly.like properties label for for corresponding id.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

you need to check he details of the dump thrown.

go to st22 and collect more information from there.

thanks

sarbjeet singh