cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one WM and 3 Plants, I need plant independant data for WM views.

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MM Gurus

I have a scenario in which all my materials are mantained in 3 different plants, I have WM.

Say y have plant 1000 with SLoc 1000; plant 2000 with Sloc 2000 and Plant 3000 with Sloc 3000, and this 3 Plant storage locations are assigned to the WH Number 200

For all the Master Data views I have almost the same data, some values are different in MRP views, but my problem is that I can't have "view independent" values for WM 1 and 2 view, meaning if I change the storage section or whatever value in WM 1 or 2 View this changes will be effective in all the 3 plants, and I need to have different values for each plant at WM level.

Please advise on how to achieve this.

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

I am not sure which field values in WM view 1 & 2 you want to display different for different plant... If I understand correctly you want storage type indicators in WM 1 different for different plants. If you need this to have different search strategies for plant /st locn you can check whether storage location reference functionally can help you. You can have blank indicators in WM view and can set different search strategy on different storage location reference. Let me know if my understanding correct...then can elaborate you more about this..

Hope this will help..

Reg,

Sudhir

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Yes your appreciation is correct, can you elaborate a little more on how search strategies work on different storage location references? Remember that If I go to MM02 and just select WM views there is no storage location involved.

I want to have different in WM1 the capacity usage, Storage section indicator, allow addn to stock, and at WM2 the maximum bin quantity.

Maybe you can suggest me some way to do this, or even suggest me another thing, I need this because in each plant they have different type of racks therefore, I need different storage sections to create different strategies for putaway, and bin usage and capacities are different also.

If you have another idea please let me know.

Regards

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

To maintain storage location referance path is....SPRO>LE>WM>Interface>IM-->Define storage location control.

1) Select control of assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number" Enter below records

Plant St Locn WH no St Locn Refeance

1000 1000 100 01

2000 2000 100 02

3000 3000 100 03

2)Select "Stor. Location Referance" to maintain referance discription.

3) setting storage type search strategy...

WH Operation st locn ref. st type

100 A 01 001

100 A 02 002

100 A 03 003

You can define it as per required stock catagory and operations. When there is IM postings for above referd plant-st locn combination system searches approriet storage type with the help of above setting.

You can have capacity use, allow addn to stock controls at storage type level. (As shown above different st type for different plant).

Hope this will clarify it.

Regards,

Sudhir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In general, you can not do that, the reason is one material master data can only have one data record in the database table in one combination of organization levels, for example, plantwarehouse numberstorage type in WM view, plant--storage location in MRP view. Hope can help you to understand.

Regards