Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Track managemnt and update

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am running a track with 3 systems on NW7.0 SP14.

Due to hardware compatibility reasons, the client had asked to interchange dev and quality.

Now that I am refreshing the dev, i want to have only 2 systems in my existing track. But after I remove one of my systems from the track, save and try to move ahead it keeps me asking about saving the data.

Also now all the DCs in CBS are showing broken. Before that it once also asked me to 'save and restore'

Kindly help emwith the logs and troubleshooting guides

Regards,

Varun Biswas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

Please understand that when you configure your landscape (i.e. Dev, QA and Prod).

Assume that you have defined...

HostDev = Dev System

HostQA = Quality System

HostProd = Production System

This association is defined when you set your SAP landscape.

And ideally, you must not interchange these association between your Host Name and Runtime system.

i.e. You cannot use your Dev system to start behaving as QA system and vice-versa.

As there are certain software components that are mandatory to be present in Dev System.

Just to give you an example.

Your NWDI is always installed on Development Host. Hence, all the NWDI related components will be physically present on the DEV host.

For an Instance you require a Directory at OS level named CMS / inbox that contains build archives (.SCA files) that you import into your Track to use them as build-time dependencies, which is present in your Dev Host.

Now this CMS / inbox directory will be present in your Development host as a part of NWDI configuration and not on the Quality host.

So as per your requirement if we interchange the DEV & QA system, It will be a disaster.

I hope my inputs will help you to make correct decision.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas,

Thanks for the valuable pieco of information.

First some corrections:

• The topic is NWDI

Some inputs:

I have a common NWDI shared by lot of BUs. There are lot of tracks independent to each other.

Since I had to remove a system, i have to restore system status in CMS.

When I made changes to my runtime system, i proceeded by removing Dev as it was to be brought up as new Qa. This caused the broken DCs in CBS. I proceeded as follows to the changes saved on the runtime system configuration of the track and get most of my DCs in green state.

1. Put present QA details in Dev column.

2. Uncheck test system.

3. Save. It then 'save and restore'.

4. Go to CMS and check in or move again the dependent SCs like SAPJEE, JTECHS again through the track.

At least now CBS has become green again. Till last update the import of dependent SCs were still running. Hopefully tomorrow i will be able to bring the track back to life.