cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO service item - custom field value not copied to GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a custom field in SC,PO and GR. For a sevice and limit items, the value in custom field in PO is not copied to GR. For goods, it is copied.

When I debugged, I found that the system tries to match PO item internal number with that of backend item internal number. If this is matched, the custom field values are copied.

But here it is not matched. What can be the possible reason. Is there any configuration for item internal numbers?

I found a note 848797 for transfer. But exactly at the corrected code in note, program is failing.

Have anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks

Nandalal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by " But exactly at the corrected code in note, program is failing"?

You just need to implement the Correction instructions in the FM.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

The note has been already implemented. When the system checks the new code, it is failing.

Regards

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether the note has been properly implemented(The corrections were manual).

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Disha, the notes are correctly implemented.

I am confused on whether the internal number generated for the item is copied from some configured internal range, because when I enter two service items, the items shows backend internal numbers like 0000000010 and 0000000020 (increment by 10). But in SRM it is 0000000001 and 0000000002.

When the code tries to match the respective numbers, it fails and skips the logic to copy custom fields.

I dont have access to r/3 data.

Please help.

Have anyone tried to create a GR with service item and has custom field?

Thanks

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anybody got a chance to look into this? Just wanted to know whether any one used custom fields and values succesfully moved Confirmation (for service and limit items only).

If somebody has done this succesfully, please let me know.

Currently, I am thinking of coding Doc_change_badi to get corresponding field values from PO and push them to GR.Will this work?

Thanks

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help with this issue.

Any suggestions on trying to prepare confirmations from PO by passing custom fields?

Many of you might have used custom fields in basic data in SC. If you order any SC with service/limit item and try to do Confirmation for the respective PO, is it copying the custom fields also?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI wil be useful only for the SC fields.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Can you please clarify that?

We have different methods in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for various documents.

Can't we use them as needed, based on filter value?

for eg: Can I put my code in CONF_CHANGE method?

Thanks in advance

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sorry..yes you can try methods "BBP_CONF_CHANGE/BBP_PO_CHANGE"..

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone suggest an alternate solution? It is that we donot want to modify the DOC_Change badi for this requirement.

Please reply if someone has done this succesfully for Service items.

Thanks

Nandalal