cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Required for SAP NW 7.0 EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

Previously i have installed SAP NW 7.0 EHP1. In which i had installed SAP AS( ABAP + JAVA) in a single instance(Say named :XD1)

Now i am installing SAP NW 7.0 EHP2, in this i am not able to install both ABAP and JAVA instance with a single SID(say XD1).

In this First i have installed SAP AS ABAP with SID XD1. Now i want to install SAP AS JAVA instance on the same server.

can i Install this SAP AS JAVA on the same server on which i have installed SAP AS ABAP and also with same SID as i have given to SAP AS ABAP(SID: XD1)? Like it was there in EHP1.

or do i have to give separate name to ABAP and Java instance??

Thanks

sandeep sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

there is no problem with that gohead with same SID for java , only sys no u change

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep

The reason why it's no longer available is because it's not recommended to install Dual Stack.

The recommendation is to install seperate SAP systems (one SID for ABAP, another SID for Java, a database for each of them).

There are several reasons for that recommendation, refreshing procedure, system copy procedure, setting database parameters seperately for each and so on.

So you would have something like AA1 + Database and AA2 + Database and you connect them using the post configuration steps (template runs etc).

Most or all of the future SAP products will be focused on one engine (either fully ABAP or fully Java).

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install AS JAVA with different SID, but you canu2019t install with same SID.

If you need of AS (ABAP +JAVA) with same SID you have to go for dual stack system.

Only in 640 versions you will get a option JAVA adding for ABAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

thanks for the reply.

If you need of AS (ABAP +JAVA) with same SID you have to go for dual stack system.

I could not find any option for dual stack in SAP NW 7.0 EHP2. while it was available with SAP NW 7.0

This is 720 version.

how can i do dual stack installation in this.

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

If you need of Dual stack system, only possible way is first you have to install 700 SR3 dual stack systems, and then you can update to EHPI 2.

EHPI 2 Dual stack is available only for PI .

EHPI 2 can be done only by AS ABAP and AS JAVA by providing different SID.

Thanks and Regards,

Bala