Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to go from NW 7.0 (and 7.0 EhP1) to NW 7.0 EhP2 Java only.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the correct way to go from NW 7.0 (and 7.0 EhP1) to NW 7.0 EhP2 on a single stack system (Java Only).

Some threads on the forum mention the use of SAPEHPI, however, when I go to see the SAPEHPI guide for Java (http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Maintenance -> Enhancement Package Installation on Existing SAP Systems -> SAP Enhancement Package Installation on Java Systems (using SAPehpi) -> Windows), there are two statements on the constraints section:

- Do not use the SAP Enhancement Package Installer to only install Support Package stacks. This function is exclusively supported for ABAP-only systems.

- Do not use the SAP Enhancement Package Installer if you want to update only the Java stack of a dual-stack system. For this scenario you must use the Java Support Package Manager (JSPM).

That leaves me confused.

On the SP Stack application for NW 7.0, there is no EHP2 option on the target system drop down (as there is for EHP1, meaning you can use JSPM to move from 7.0 to 7.0 EhP1), also, on the SP Stack application for NW EhP2, on the source system, there is no option to select a a 7.0 nor 7.0 EhP1.

So, what is the correct way to upgrade/update from NW 7.0 or NW 7.0 EhP1 to NW 7.0 EhP2 (consider this is for a single stack system: Java AS with EP and EP Core)?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question