cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance of Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Do anybody know what effort is necessary to maintain the Service Desk of the Solution Manager? That means, what costs do I have to expect per month/year? And how long does it take to maintain the Service Desk per month/year and how many people are necessary therefore?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Daniela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Well, I have configured Service Desk (Standard) for all purposes, have been through many errors, so quite know them.

Also, I have configured Service Desk (Extended) where the component directs the message directly to the support team (could be one person o more than one) to attend it, plus, Emails sent for each and every action of the email message, involving the system administrator, message processors and message creators.

So, If I get an exact question, I can help you get an exact answer.

This is my first message in SDN, so do not go hard on me.

TY

Cesar Aranda

0 Kudos

>

>Also, I have configured Service Desk (Extended) where the component directs the message directly to the support team (could be one person o more than one) to attend it, plus, Emails sent for each and every action of the email message, involving the system administrator, message processors and message creators.

Hi Cesar,

I'm trying to setup an automatic email notification within the service desk so that en email is sent out to the processor, but only if the processor is being changed or when the ticket is being created. Do you have any ideas how to get this done?

I'm already at the point that emails are being sent out when the ticket gets created but also after each change - no matter what is changed. I would like to restrict this to "only when the processor is being changed".

Thanks for any idea.

Regards Susanne

0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

I finally got the email notification setup once the processore has changed.

Thanks anyway.

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello there,

>

> Well, I have configured Service Desk (Standard) for all purposes, have been through many errors, so quite know them.

>

> Also, I have configured Service Desk (Extended) where the component directs the message directly to the support team (could be one person o more than one) to attend it, plus, Emails sent for each and every action of the email message, involving the system administrator, message processors and message creators.

>

> So, If I get an exact question, I can help you get an exact answer.

>

> This is my first message in SDN, so do not go hard on me.

>

> TY

>

> Cesar Aranda

Do you have any guide or references or documents for the same .

we too are in the process of configuring service desk message . But the mail is triggered only when the status changes , but the mail is not getting trigerred if i add any description and attach a document and save the support desk message .

could you help us in getting through this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Cesar,

>

> I finally got the email notification setup once the processore has changed.

>

> Thanks anyway.

>

> Susanne

it would be of great help to all SDN users if you post how you have got it done

0 Kudos

Here's how I got it to work:

I started with SAP note 691303. There's a SAP Tutor attached to it that shows you the whole process step by step.

This Tutor unfortunately only shows how you setup an email notification when the status of the ticket changed.

We wanted to have this email notification sent out whenever the processor of the ticket changed. So here's how we did differently to what is shown in the SAP tutor:

In transaction SPPFCADM within your action definition, the rule type for your rule should be 'Workflow condition', not a 'condition using BAdI'.

Also in transaction SPPFCADM within the condition configuration (for transportable conditions) --> choose the action definition that you created in the respective action profile.

In this action you have to define a Schedule Condition e.g. Z_SEND_MAIL_AT_PR_CHANGE. Within this condition you have to define a parameter e.g. PROCESSOR_CHANGED. The definition condition should then be &PROCESSOR_CHANGED& = X.

Furthermore you need to create a BAdI Implementation of BAdI CONTAINER_PPF. The filter should be the object type you used in your transaction type for service desk messages, e.g. object type BUS2000116 in transaction type SLFN. In the interface method MODIFY_CONTAINER you can now set the parameter &PROCESSOR_CHANGED& to X whenever the processor has changed - then an email notification will be sent out. I used function 'COM_PARTNER_READ_DB' to get the previous processor and function 'CRM_PARTNER_READ_SINGLE_OB' to get the current processor.

This is just an example of how an email notification can be sent out. I guess you will also find the possibility to get the information when something else than the processor has changed and then set a parameter accordingly.

Hope this helps. Susanne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can any one share or send me some documentation or links on how to start configuring the Service Desk in SM 4.0?

we are thinking of the this feature for our implementation. We are having users spread across the world and we are setting up a central support team to handle all these users.

we would appreciate, if any one can help/highlight on this

Thanks & regards

AShruf

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couldn't answer you immediately. But you can integrate your 3rd party servicedesk aswell with Solution Manager.

Quite interesting know, give you more in a day or two. unfortunately i am not able spedn much time on SDN.

--Ragu

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

I try to answer you.

In general, there are no maintenance activity to operate a service desk, except the general operation for a SAP System (backup, user admin, system administration, system monitoring)

In addition, there are some special maintenance task (most activities are included within the Solution Manager Self Diagnosis, the periodic tasks will be shown in a future release of Central System Administration). We defined none for SAP Service Desk.

To operate a Service Desk, you need of course users to perform

- daily work: checking for new messages, processing messages, checking for Service Level Agreement fulfillment (daily work)

- project work: update organization model, optimize routing of messages, optimize partner determination, ....

I have seen many postings from you on Service Desk topics.

Perhaps you can provide further information, what you are currently investigating and planning.

You might get into contact with me. Just call SAP in Walldorf.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruediger.

Thanks for your helpful answers.

I need all this information because I should analyse the Service Desk of the Solution Manager, so that we can decide if it is a good support tool for one of our projects. Therefore I compare it with another service desk from a third party.

Best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Can anybody help me on this topic, please?

I need the information as soon as possible.

Best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

So far, the instructions on how to configure Service Desk provided by SAP lack detail to understand conceptually what you are doing. This means a lot of hunting and pecking when going in for the first time. Also, judging by the errors I have been getting, it looks like the BC Sets that SAP provides to complete the configuration haven't been tested completely for 4.0. Hopefully some more notes will come soon to correct these BC Sets.

However, since the functions are the same as those in SAP CRM, if you have an experienced CRM consultant available, he or she should be able to make the required settings without specific Service Desk training or additional instructions. Once it is working, there is little to be maintained as Ruediger said. The advantage to using the Service Desk in Solution Manager is its integration into your SAP landscape, and the integration to SAP itself.