SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T.code or Table to find the number of variants for generic article.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Can you suggest any Transaction code or table to find the number of variants for a given list of generic articles?

In MM43, we can find the variants related to just one article, I want to get the number of variants for a group of generic articles.

Ex: In the list of 30,000 Generic articles, I want to list the articles with 100+ variants, how to achive this?

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by: ravi duggirala on Feb 21, 2011 7:42 PM

7 REPLIES 7

former_member335292
Contributor

Hi Ravi,

Its a very interesting question.However i doubt there is no straight forward Tcode or Table that can give you the list of generic articles with Variants attached to it thought you may find link between MARA and CAWN tables.

The best thing would be to get help of an ABAPer and he can figure out how he can bring the list of variant articles which are visible in the subscreen of variants SAPLWMMB with screen Number 2101 or he can even refer some structures to bring this for you.Ofcourse a time consuming ONE TIME activity,but can surely be of help for you.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Aram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Table name is PGMI,

Thanks and Regards,

Amol S. Arote

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I tried PGMI table and I did not find the way to trace total number of variants for a generic article.

Can you please let me know the way to meet my requirement If I am wrong in finding by using PGMI table.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

0 Kudos

try tcode: wrfmatmon

0 Kudos

Hi,

Only the way we can get the variants for generic articles is follows

Table: MEAN

enter the generic article, followed by the - and no of charatestics

ex: Generic article# 1010101

variants - 1010101-010

1010101-011

1010101-012

in the table you enter the article# as 1010101-***

u will get all the variants for the generic articles with their respective ENA no

u can do the concanecate fromula in excel for all the generic articles in excel and attach to the clipboard, u can get all the details in one shot

Hope this may answer ur question, we are following same method in our project

0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Arungujjari on May 20, 2011 2:00 AM

Edited by: Arungujjari on May 20, 2011 2:01 AM

0 Kudos

Through MEAN table, if we enter the Generic Article code in MATNR field, its not showing any list of variants, even after adding * in the end. Rather PGMI table was bit more helpful. If we give the Generic Article code in PRGRP field, its showing the variants for that generic code.