SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WESOUT: Merchandise Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Retail Experts,

Does anybody customize the New Merchandise Services (TA: WESOUT)? It is a new service since 2008 which can be used in place of Assortment list.

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,

Nilesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have not customized the new service yet.

But I have some hints on this as it is used in some parts at the customer site I am working on in the moment.

I do not feel that this is actually a replacement of assortment list as the resulting communication technology differs a lot.

Customizing for Assortment list is leading to SAP IDoc which actually can be shipped natively by file transfer to any information consuming application. The new New Merchandise Services is leading to real webservices which indeed is completely different and has other prerequisites to the consuming application. In case of POS-Systems file transfer is still the common way to exchange data.

Letu2019s discuss this on the example of article master data replication.

Within TN WESIMG (general settings, available services, define service implementations) one can see which service is in charge for u201CReplication of Articles for Store Supplyu201D. In case of SAP standard this is MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out.

Within TN SPROXY (TN SE80) you can dig for this using menu path workbench edit object : tab enterprise services and then f4 (search help) for client proxy. Paste the name of the service to the input field name. The technical name for the corresponding proxy is CO_WART_MERCHANDISEREPBULKRQ and it is part of the package WART_XI_PROXY.

If you have gone so far and are familiar with SAP SOA technics it became clear that at the end of all, SAP expect to have a communication partner providing a service having the structure of the interface MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out.

Actually I do not know about a POS-System vendor having this out of the box.

So the question is what do you expect from using this new service?

To have a guess, the seamless customizing using various filters together with implementing classes to control message processing.

What kind of issues you will face during implementation?

At least you have to introduce new message types to the consuming application, even if you are using an EAI-tool in-between to stick to the file transfer technology.

The only thing to avoid this is to develop own classes leading to known structures (e.g. assortment list) and introduce them to the customizing. This is possibly time consuming as one might expect.

The mentioned customer for some reasons used this scenario only for bonus buy conditions and used stand POS Idocs for the other purposes.

Kind regards,

Dr. Uwe Beister

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Is there nobody who can answer my querry?

regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have not customized the new service yet.

But I have some hints on this as it is used in some parts at the customer site I am working on in the moment.

I do not feel that this is actually a replacement of assortment list as the resulting communication technology differs a lot.

Customizing for Assortment list is leading to SAP IDoc which actually can be shipped natively by file transfer to any information consuming application. The new New Merchandise Services is leading to real webservices which indeed is completely different and has other prerequisites to the consuming application. In case of POS-Systems file transfer is still the common way to exchange data.

Letu2019s discuss this on the example of article master data replication.

Within TN WESIMG (general settings, available services, define service implementations) one can see which service is in charge for u201CReplication of Articles for Store Supplyu201D. In case of SAP standard this is MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out.

Within TN SPROXY (TN SE80) you can dig for this using menu path workbench edit object : tab enterprise services and then f4 (search help) for client proxy. Paste the name of the service to the input field name. The technical name for the corresponding proxy is CO_WART_MERCHANDISEREPBULKRQ and it is part of the package WART_XI_PROXY.

If you have gone so far and are familiar with SAP SOA technics it became clear that at the end of all, SAP expect to have a communication partner providing a service having the structure of the interface MerchandiseERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out.

Actually I do not know about a POS-System vendor having this out of the box.

So the question is what do you expect from using this new service?

To have a guess, the seamless customizing using various filters together with implementing classes to control message processing.

What kind of issues you will face during implementation?

At least you have to introduce new message types to the consuming application, even if you are using an EAI-tool in-between to stick to the file transfer technology.

The only thing to avoid this is to develop own classes leading to known structures (e.g. assortment list) and introduce them to the customizing. This is possibly time consuming as one might expect.

The mentioned customer for some reasons used this scenario only for bonus buy conditions and used stand POS Idocs for the other purposes.

Kind regards,

Dr. Uwe Beister

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61473002]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you manage to customize WESOUT? You may refer to [Connectivity Kit for Integration Scenario "POS Integration"|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=25493716]. do you have any particular issues? Regards, Martin