Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCs are broken in consolidation only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a Software component which is imported from an old NWDI

I the new NWDI I have a track consist of this SC + the 3 standard SCs (JEE, JTECHS and BUILDT)

I have checked-in all the components into the transport studio. And transported them all the way to assembly.

The SCs are all building perfectly in development.

l have also checked out all DCs in NWDS, all DCs are compiling as they should here also.

But, when I try to assemble the components on the server I get error messages. (The Check-assembly.log file)

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2011-02-21 15:56:24.0882 +1:00

Info:Checks for software component mycorp.com,COMMON are performed now:

Fatal:Contact CBS administrator: Nonempty list of broken DCs -stopping export now

Error:list of broken DCs:

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2011-02-21 15:11:32.0190 +1:00

If I look into CBS BuldSpaces Information, I have this these information regarding the DCs

TRACK_C: Total DCs: 17, Broken DCs: 17, Dirty DCs 0

TRACK_D: Total DCs: 189, Broken DCs: 0, Dirty DCs 0

To me it looks like the SC from SAP is somehow not available for assembly, but when I read the log statement, It only mentions the DCs from my own SC.

The three SCs is available on the test tab, so I know that they have been assembled succesfully.

Best Regards

Søren Madsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

it is indeed then very strange how comes that the DCs haven't been imported in the first place (I mean the "Total DCs" column that displays 0 for the CONSolidation buildspace). You said that the import into the consolidation was succesful ("import finished" for each SCs on Consolifation tab of the "Transport Studio of CMS") .

Can you please confirm the followings?

1 a Restore System State in CONS, and a new import of all the SCs brings no solution, but still 0 is displayed in CBS webui, however CMS states that import finished succesfully in case of each SC imports.

2 deleting the CONS buildspace, (you can do it in the main "Buildspace" view of CBS webui), resaving the track (this will recreate _C) and proceeding as described in point 1 brings no solution. Please delete only _C.

3 As you know an import stands of "a) DTR Repository import, b) CBS-Make and c) Deployment". If you go to the "History" of the Consolidation tab (in CMS), you list the imports took place in the past, and you click on a finished import, and press the "Details..." button, you can confirm that all of these 3 steps were really succesful as per the logs and traces. Do the same for each SC.

You also stated that after you faced this phenomenon, you tried a restore system state in DEV, and tried a new import and it was succesful. Can you please check the History, and via that all the Log Details (as mentioned above) of all the imported SCs ? Were the imports really succesful ? Can you try again a Restore System State in DEV and a reimport after you resave the track ? Are the SC still not displayed on the CONS tab after a succesful import on the Development tab ?

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

I am very glad to hear that I could help.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks for your checklist.

The problem here was that I misunderstood how a "Restore system state" worked.

I though that I had to start with this on the development tab, and then transport the components through the environments.

But all I needed to do in this case, was to restore system state in consolidation. That reimported the three missing SCs, and I'm now able to assemble again.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Best regards,

Søren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks for your quick reply, unfortunately it's not the solution in this case.

When I wrote:

I have checked-in all the components into the transport studio. And transported them all the way to assembly.

I meant that I have imported into development, imported into consolidation. And I have even imported into test also now. (they are now waiting for approval.

If I navigate to the development tab in transport studio, here it's possible to "Restore System state" be using the icon out on the far right.

When I do this I get all four SCs to show up on the development tab. Ready for import.

And the import of these four SCs is successful

After this step I expect the SCs to appear in the consolidation tab ready for import.

But the list in consolidation is empty.

Best regards,

Søren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

the solution is to go to the Consolidation tab (in CMS webui -- Transport Studio -- tab "Consolidation") and import all the SCs which have the status "Waiting for Import".

The problem also can be seen from the CBS webui, where you have also observed:

TRACK_C: Total DCs: 17, Broken DCs: 17, Dirty DCs 0

TRACK_D: Total DCs: 189, Broken DCs: 0, Dirty DCs 0

This means that in the Consolidation you have all DCs broken. The number of DCs should be nearly the same in both CONS and DEV.

If you go to CBS -- "Compartment view" (select CONSOLIDATION from the dropdown list), there notice the SCs of the "Archives" column, and there you'll also see for them the "Total DCs" column which will show number 0 in each case I assume. Now please compare this with the Development (i.e. switch to Development using the same dropdownlist) and you'll see the problem. The solution is simply to trigger "Import" for the Consolidation buildspace as well.

Notice, the assembly step always assembles from the CONS/active, so you need to ensure the buildspace is not empty but includes the SCs which you have specified on the track configuration as "dependent" SCs.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin