SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operand for installation type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

According to my requirement, the billing is being created without checking the operand for installation type. System is allowing to create the billing document if some operand is missing for installation type. How do we prevent from getting billing if some operand is missing for installation type.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

K

Edited by: kv on Mar 1, 2011 10:46 AM

12 REPLIES 12

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is more possibilities how to trigger some billing depending on some operand in installation facts.

For example you can use following operand types:

- FLAG (is set or not)

- FACTOR (range 1 - .....)

- RATE TYPE

and proper IF* variant in rate step, which controls the value in the operand.

Vlado

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for providing your inputs.

Could you please provide configuration steps to configure the scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

K

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understand problem, because on the beginning you wrote that your requirement is that you don't want to check it on installation, but question is how to enforce checking it on installation.

Wouldn't it solve the problem, when you would force user to set this operand on installation facts? Normally it can be done on operand settings page by selecting check-boxes "Not rate cat. facts" and "Not rate facts".

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello MC,

Currently the billing documents have been created without operand so my users requested to prevent to create the billing documents if operand is missing.

I am requesting you to provide config steps to prevent the billing document if operand is missing in the facts

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

K

0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just talked with my college who is responsible for rates and he gave me other soution.

1. Go to rate category

2. Add operand

3. Set it as required value

Now this operand will be visible on installation facts, but will be empty. Client will have to fill this value or billing will end with error.

I hope this will help.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello MC,

Thank your quick reply.

I would like to know if we implement this solution when we run the mass billing then

I understood that when the installation does not have value for this operand, the billing will error out, so, will this error stop the whole mass billing activity or it will stop only billing the particualr installation, my requirement is stop only the problematic installation(which is not having operand value) not the entrie mass billing activity.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vk

0 Kudos

For example:

1. Create operand type FLAG

2. Maintain the operand value as required operand

3. Create following rate steps

IF05 (Condition: IF Parameter Set) YOUR_OPERAND

- the billing steps which should be executed

ELSE

UTILIT99 (Cancel Billing)

ENDIF

Explanation:

If YOUR_OPERAND will be maintained in the installation facts the billing will run in normal way, otherwise will be canceled with error message in the billing log.

Vlado

0 Kudos

Hi,

@Vlado I think that this is a little bit too complicated solution and for sure it will have impact on performance.

@kv During mass billing wrong installations won't be proceed and correct one will be billed. This is quite easy to check by preparing test case.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello MC,

I have maintained as required at Oprerand level and i would like to know how a test scenario will simulate for these requirement. Could you please provide steps where i would start and end.

Thank for your support.

Regards,

KV

0 Kudos

Hello,

Just take at least two installation (on one set value operand and on other don't) that use prepared by you rate category and run mass billing. Hard to give more detailed answer here.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello MC,

I have changed as required value at operand level and i have simulated one scenario like created installation. The changes were not reflecting in the facts while creating the installation. The facts have determined with existing settings not determined new sttings which i changed facts at rate category level in EA55 transaction code.

Can you please guide me if anything i missed out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KV

0 Kudos

Hi,

To be honest I'm not sure what you mean. For example it's not possible to set value as required on operand level - you can do this only in facts. So one more time:

1. I'm going to any working installation and I can see that on facts everything is ok - it should be possible to be billed

[http://pokazywarka.pl/ibhg93/]

2. I'm going to EA50 and I'm creating operand

[http://pokazywarka.pl/7wk6su-2/]

3. Now I'm going to rate category that is used by my installation and now go to facts page. Here I add this operand and set it as required but leave value empty.

[http://pokazywarka.pl/nzw4a7/]

now i see it on red in rate category facts

[http://pokazywarka.pl/5so1xs/]

4. If i go once again to my installation on facts tab I can see that this operand has shown up with no value, so someone will have to set it before billing because it's obligatory

[http://pokazywarka.pl/rk7900/]

I hope now it's clear., because I'm out of ideas how to explain it simpler.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk