cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI or FM to Block Customer Centrally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I have a requirement in which i have to block the customer centrally through BAPI or FM. I have to block the field AUFSD.

I found two function modules to block the customer they are CUSTOMER_UPDATE and SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL but both are in Not released status.

Is there any FM or BAPI which are in released status to block the customer .

Kindly confirm.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some clarifications:

CUSTOMER_UPDATE MUST NOT BE USED AT ALL. It is the Update task maintenance function module for the customer master data. It is triggered directly from the transaction. It does NO check at all. Never use it.

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

This is precisely what you will face in your case.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

0 Kudos

Hi Velshanker,

Pl tell us, What is the correct answerd? Actually, I m facing same proble... and searching BAPI, FM to block customer .

Rgds,

Swapnika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velshankar,

The best and easies solution is the MASS maintenance transaction : MASS.

For the BAPI question, sorry but there is NO BAPI to maintain a customer master data.

The function module provided by my predecessor, even if it has the perfect look like is definitively not the one to use.

Despite the name, this FM is designed to support only the maintenance of CONSUMERs.

Moreover it is not an RFC enabled function module.

It might work in your case, as the data to maintain is quite simple and limited but you still may face several troubles like NO change documents and change pointers created and/or no synchronisation with TREX, CRM, ...

There is also a BAPI with a nice name, but in fact it is designed to be used only with SAP Online Store and SAP Product Catalog.

The only reliable path for investigation is described within note 384462.

A other path for investigation is the class CMD_EI_API which has been introduced with ECC 2005 (6.00).

You could wrap method MAINTAIN_BAPI inside of a bapi function module you would have written.

Otherwise, but still with limited functionality there are some eSOA webservices to find, read, maintain customer master data.

Else try the below too...

Try with FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL structure I_KNVV, field AUFSD EXAMPLE: data: i_knvv type knvv. i_knvv-kunnr = '0000000025'. i_knvv-vkorg = '9999'. i_knvv-vtweg = 'C1'. i_knvv-spart = 'S1'. i_knvv-aufsd = 'Z3'. CALL FUNCTION 'SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL' EXPORTING I_KNVV = i_knvv PI_POSTFLAG = 'X'. CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Arbind