SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view the field "Account Determination ID" in Contract account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an issue, wherein i am not able to view the field 'Account Determination ID" in the Contract account.

Understand that till the time, i do not fill this field in the contract account master, i would not be able to post any FI-CA document.

I also made the configuration changes in SPRO - FICA- Basic Functions - Contract Accounts - Field Modifications - Configure Field attributes for contract account category AND SPRO - FICA- Basic Functions - Contract Accounts - Field Modifications - Configure Field attributes per activity.

In the above configuration, i made the field " Account determination characteristic" an optional entry. Even after making the above changes, i cannot see the "Account determination ID" field in the contract account master

Kindly request you to guide me as to how can i get this field getting displayed in Contract account master for entry.

Thanks and Regards

Vishwanath B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Did you able to find the solution for this? I got stuck up with the same issue now. Appreciate your help in this regard.

TR,

Ravi Kiran

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned by you that you have made the field as optional , kindly check on the authoirzation aspects .

Check whether you have any field groups for authorization activated ? it is under the same node which you have mentioned .

Use the T code SU53 to find out whether any field groups are activated for CAA1 if yes then check the values of the same in the role assigned .

Regards ,

Dewang

0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I also checked the configuration pertaining to 'Field groups for authorisation check". There are no configurations existing in this regard.

Also checked SU53 for transaction CAA1, all the authorisation checks were successful

Thanks and Regards

Vishwanath.B

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configuration that you have changed the field gouping is 100% correct.

However, you need to change the field grouping for each activity-like Create, Change and Display.

Please check that you have changed the field grouping in all the three activities.

May be you can make the field grouping to required entry and then have a look at the CA master.

It should definately come up in the CA master.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I made the "Account determination characteristic" field as required entry for all "Create" and "Change".

Even after making the said changes, i cannot view the field in contract account master.

Is there any other setting which i am missing?

Thanks and Regards

Vishwanath.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Did you able to find the solution for this? I got stuck up with the same issue now. Appreciate your help in this regard.

TR,

Ravi Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though if you give the field grouping for each activity-like Create, Change and Display, it wont works.

First system will check the field grouping for Contract Account category only.

So check the IMG--Financial Accounting (New)---Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable---Contract Accounts---Field Modifications---Configure Field Attributes for Contract Account Category.

Here select your account category and check the field grouping.

If you get that field ok.or else.

Then, go to  Tcode: CAS5, select the screen : VKK100 and simulate it.

In that section:VKK110 Account management data expand it.

view: ISU200 IS-U general data

field grouping: 0215 Account determination characteristic.expand it

check you will get this or not.

SI_FKKVKPSICA-KOFIZ_SD  Account determin. ID

TE097AT-TEXT50                   Description

Then Finally check in the screen also Goto Tcode; CAS3

Double click the ISU200

In the sub screen tab, screen number 0275.click the screen painter  button u can view the screen.

I think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Thanks Nag ,

This solution resolved my issue.

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Once you go to the field " Account determination characteristic" double click on it it will take you to a different screen and whether any customization is done there -

Thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Actually the account determination field is not required in the Contract Account master record while you use FICA for Insurance Industry i.e. FSCD (my specific case). There will be additional two configuration nodes that will be enabled where we can maintain automatic account determination at a combination of Product group, Main Transaction, Subtransaction & Contract Account Category.

TR,

Ravi Kiran