cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform column - data not fully shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In smartform table, i have data around 1000Characters to be displayed in one column, but it was displaying upto 250 something.

I checked on the variable in text, it is declared with String. I debugged also variable string contains 1000 characters but it displays only less charcters in column ( final output).

Pl help

Regards

Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please suggest the solution to resolve the above issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Plz make editing in your template dimensions portion for the same, it will solve yr problem. Plz also check the table format struscture for the same. May be some times thay can overlap the template portion settings for that reasons the required output is not come to view somaetime so check it plz.

Regards,

Akg

1MoreDev
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is a SAP limitation, know also on sapscripts, the solution i propose u is to build a table with several lines of 256 characters and loop at it on the smartform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You can use the function module 'SWA_STRING_SPLIT' to split the text into separate lines. Get the approximate number of characters that can be printed in a line of that table. Pass that as MAX_COMPONENT_LENGTH. You will get a table containing the entries. Simply print the table using loop.

Cheers,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii kishore,

1. i hope your entering it from header text.

2.Create a text element

3.Keep the text element under loop.

4.specify it_tab into wa_tab under table tab in Loop.

5.specify &wa_itab-text& in the text element.

Regards,

Sridhar.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for reply,

Iam not bringing the data from header text. so for the cell, inside code section i have written select query and concatenate the entrie data into string. but it displays only 256 characters.

Regards

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't that result in SAP attempting to set a print font that requires microscope to read? What I did recently to fix a (somewhat) similar problem is call RKD_WORD_WRAP, specifying space delimiter and then wrote the resulting shorter rows of text into the table to be output, copying the necessary key fields into the additional rows. The result is that the output is larger, of course, with keys repeated, but the text is readable, and all there.

sanjeeb_sahoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You define the variable as like ( v type char1000) where v is variable.

Thanks,

Sanjeeb