cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to append Target File(reciever side) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

I have a scenario where i need to append the target file. It goes like this:

files(idoc's) keep coming from the source at any time of the day.

target file is sent only once in a day. The target file is appended each time a new source file recieved.

Need to do this without using BPM.

Pls help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Kindly go through the following link which will help you surely:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

In the receiver file adapter, go to the Processing tab page. Then Select the File Construction Mode as Append. Look at the link for the other configurations in the adapter.

You can also take a look at the scenario 2 in the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/MorewiththeFileAdapter

Hope it helps you!!!!!

Thanks

Biswajit

Edited by: 007biswa on Feb 21, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
files(idoc's) keep coming from the source at any time of the day.
target file is sent only once in a day. The target file is appended each time a new source file recieved.

create a scenario IDOC --> PI --> File .....use File mode as Append....target directory should be a dummy one and not the actual target folder (you can create additional folder in the same directory).

Ask the people maintaining the File server to maintain a script at OS level which will pick the file (at designated time) and then send it to target folder. This will ensure that you dont have to consider file size so no performance issues in PI.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Feb 21, 2011 6:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can design it as two scenarios..

one for collecting the data and another one for picking and sending to the another application...(target system)

i.e Idoc to File and File to your target app...

second interface File to target app can be scheduled on particular time ..via Availability Time Planning.

But if file data is going to be huge then need to design this efficiently..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I am not clear about your requirement.

If you would like to append the message to the receiver file then you can use the option Append in the file construction mode.

But, if you would like to append the data to the receiver only one time i.e to collect the data and append once in a day then you need to go with BPM.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the receiver communication channel (I understood in your case it's file) you have the processing tab and there in the drop down file construction mode you can choose append.