Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBCJ Receipts Customer Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have traced the Authorization checks and tried the AO's mentioned below but cannot restrict the customer number:

F_BKPF_BED

F_BKPF_BEK

F_BKPF_BES

F_BKPF_BUK

F_FBCJ

My Trace Result is after posting receipt for customer(by restricting the AO (F_BKPF_BED) mentioned further below) 2455:

F_BKPF_BUK RC=0  BUKRS=1000;ACTVT=01;
F_BKPF_BES RC=0  ACTVT=01;BRGRU=6163;
F_BKPF_BED RC=0  ACTVT=01;BRGRU=2455;

I want to restrict user to customer 2455 (from AO) but user can access all other customers even if i try this:

Maintained Accounting Document: Account Authorization for Customers     F_BKPF_BED

Maintained Accounting Document: Account Authorization for Customers     T-DV06028900

Activity                       *                                                                           ACTV
   Authorization Group            2455                                                                        BRGR

Help me out!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field BRGRU does not correspond to customer number. It's an authorization group which can be freely defined. So you can group multiple customer into one group. The check for authorization group is not performed when this field is blank. So probably other customers don't have assigned authorization group hence they are still accessible. The logic is more like giving additional level of protection. You can create a basic group which will be assigned to every customer unless this customer needs to be assigned to more specific group.

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field BRGRU does not correspond to customer number. It's an authorization group which can be freely defined. So you can group multiple customer into one group. The check for authorization group is not performed when this field is blank. So probably other customers don't have assigned authorization group hence they are still accessible. The logic is more like giving additional level of protection. You can create a basic group which will be assigned to every customer unless this customer needs to be assigned to more specific group.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot mate,

I will check and tell u tomorrow.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I dont know how to classify the customers in BRGRU Authorization Group or how can i edit the authorization group to work with the AO.

I want to know how can i edit the Authorization Group and Modify it accordingly. I googled it but cant find a required proper solution.

Please Help,

Thanks & Regards.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can assign authorization group to user in master record (transaction XD02). There are two options: general or company level (tables KNA1 or KNVV). If you assign authorization group to customer then access to this customer will be controlled by another authorization object F_KNA1_BED. So don't forget about this. It's mentioned in documentation for object F_BKPF_BED.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin for your Help,

R u suggesting that i should use Authorization Text Box in XD02 ( in Change Customer: Company Code Data Screen)? We have already used that option for some other check.

Any other solution to be used?

Regards.

BUMP!!

Anyone Please?

Thankyou.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does your FI guys say on this?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Their Requirement is to restrict customer selection for users in FBCJ > Cash Receipts > Customer Column Selection

As per Martin's suggestion about using Authorization Checkbox (Authorization Group) in XD02 is we are already using for some other type of restriction.

I want this to be resolved by means of Authorization Group / Authorization Object level if possible.

Regards.