SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI and PI calc for GPA/CGPA

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to calculate GPA and CGPA. As far as my knowledge goes its a standard functionality delivered by SLcM. We have to just make sure that we have done the right configuration to assign the performance indices to particular Calculation Point.

In my case i have created 4 performance indeces and assigned PI calc as given below:

Attempted Credits == CPA1 (Total attempted credit)

Earned Credits== CPE1 (Total earned credits)

Grade Point Average== GPA1(Average Grade) Filter=== Appraisal completed

Cummulative Grade Point Average== GPA1(Average Grade) Filter=== Average Grade

I just wanted to know which PI calculation shall be assigned to GPA and CGPA? Whether assigned filters are correct or not?

Is it necessary to assign parameters and filters to Performance Index?

Regards

Vinod Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vinod, which is the difference between GPA and Cumulative GPA? I mean, is GPA for you the one calculated for certain academic session? In this case, you should add to your PI a filter for academic year/session.

Diego

0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes you are right...GPA for me is result of an academic session. CGPA is overall result calculated based on considering GPAs for all semester. For example if i get GPA 4 in Sem 1, and 4.5 in Sem 2 then CGPA will be average of this. I am not sure about the exact calculation formula for CGPA and will come back to you on this.

As suggested i will use filter "Academic Year/session". What about the PI calc, which one shall i use?

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vinod, the PI to use for Sessional GPA and Cumulative GPA is the same: GPA. For the first one (Sessional GPA) you should be filtering by academic year/session and by the "Appraisal complete" if you want (yo are already using that filter).

The Cumulative GPA should use the same PI (GPA), and filter just by "Appraisal complete" (in your scenario).

You should check that the GPA PI standard calculation (the one provided by SAP) fits into your client's GPA calculation requirements. If it doesn't, you should copy that PI and make the necessary changes.

Diego