cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a Business System (SAP ECC) Bus_A pointing to SAP_A. So all my present objects (channels, Interface Determination, Receiver Determinations, and Agreements) refer to Bus_A in the Sender/ Receiver section.

Now there is a requirement to introduce Business System Bus_B pointing to SAP_B and all the Configuration objects should automatically point to Bus_B.

How should this be done? Please note I am not transporting the messages to any other server/ environment. The objects remain in the DEV system only.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

create them again...with new Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many objects in Integration Builder which refer to Bus_A (may be around 200) I cannot create them! I am looking for some smarter solution (if it exists).

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> There are many objects in Integration Builder which refer to Bus_A (may be around 200) I cannot create them! I am looking for some smarter solution (if it exists).

>

> Thank you,

> Pankaj.

I think there's no way....

You can define the BUS_B like a target system of BUS_A in sld configuration... but the BS change will be avaible only in TXT or PRD system...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The respective Integration Directory objects were moved to a test server. Then the Business System was changed and imported into DEV. Transport target was defined for test server (to point to Business System in DEV). Then a transport back to DEV system was done.

Thanks

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

The smart solution is to create the BUS_B business system in QA and PROD and keep the target Business system of BUS_A as BUS_B. So, it would be pointing to BUS_B. But the changes will not apply in Dev system.

If you need the changes in DEV system then you need to manually do all the changes.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

you might also want to check the integration directory api. it's not going to do it by itself but it is better than doing it manually.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a4588c]