cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in VL01N(Delivery qty is greater than target qty while taking return)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem "Delivery Quantity is greater than the target quantity" while doing the inbound delivery from VL01N t-code for sales returns with reference to return order.

I am trying to do the inbound delivery for the same Quantity which is in return order but still it is showing error.

I have checked my configuration and could not find any mistake under this process. I am not able to identify the error. In my delivery item category we have put "B" under over delivery check which is our business requirement.

If I remove "B" from delivery item category, i am not getting any error in inbound delivery but which is not right way of doing.

I could not find suitable query in SDN. Can any one please share your expertise to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have created a return order already with reference to a sales order or invoice.

When you are creating a return delivery, please create it with reference to the return order and not the original sales order. I think you are creating return delivery with reference to the original sales order and not return order.

If this is not the case, please let me know and also tell me teh error message number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created the return order without any reference of previous document. While doing the inbound delivery, I am getting this error message.

The error message is VL 336.

Please look into the same and give us your valuable inputs on this.

Thanks

Srinivas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please reconfirm the error message number you have indicated. As you would be aware the text for that error message is "No delete authorization for shipping point" which means, you were trying to delete some IMG configuration, whereas, the issue what you had mentioned initially is entirely different.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I am very sorry to say that I had given the wrong error message number due to typing mistake.

The correct error message is given below:

Delivery quantity is greater than target quantity 10 BAG

Message no. VL363

You are requested to please look into this and help me out.

Thanks

Srinivas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check the following:-

a) whether for that return delivery, picking is not activated

b) whether customer master or material master is maintained for over delivery tolerance

c) whether in VD51, any overdelivery tolerance is maintained

You can also have a look at the following notes:-

1) Note 151901 - Check of delivery quantity is consistent

2) Note 322588 - VLSP:incor.checks for qty to be delvrd during split

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

Picking is not activated since it is return order. There is no over delivery tolerance maintained in customer master and material master.

Also there is no overdelivery tolerance maintained in VD51.

The said issue is not resolved till now. You are requested to please suggest me the solution to come out from this problem.

Thanks

Srinivas