Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view documents posted in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to view documents posted in SAP.

Steps that i folllow:

1) I enter the tcode fbl1n.

2) Fill the details and execute

3) Click on the document number

4) Click on Environment -> Additional Assigment->Object Link

After it displays error message You are not authorized to use transaction SDV

I was able to view documents till yesterday.

I have IXOS client installed on my system.

Kindly let me know your valuable suggestions

Regards,

Yasmin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that something has changed - either something has been removed from your authorisations, or there is an issue with the information in the User Buffer. If you have access to SU53, this may tell you where the problem is.

To correct an issue with the User Buffer, someone with the necessary authorisation should open transaction SU38 and then run program RSUSR405.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that something has changed - either something has been removed from your authorisations, or there is an issue with the information in the User Buffer. If you have access to SU53, this may tell you where the problem is.

To correct an issue with the User Buffer, someone with the necessary authorisation should open transaction SU38 and then run program RSUSR405.

0 Kudos

How would i know that there is an issue with the User buffer. Is there a way to check this?

Also i created a test id having same roles as mine and tried to view the document on some other system and it works fine.

Regards,

Yasmin

0 Kudos

If you run SU53, you will see 2 sections on the output. The top sections shows you where the authorisations failed, the bottom section section shows what authorisations you have.

If there is a line in the bottom section highlighted in red, or if it has an entry to say that details are not available, then you have a User Buffer issue. You can correct this by running the program RSUSR405

0 Kudos

I do not have a line in the bottom section highlighted in red.

At the bottom section it shows me what all authorization i have. Nothing is in red in the bottom section.

Please advice

0 Kudos

Have you checked to see if you still have the same issue? If so, then I would suggest that you check to see if the t-code has been removed from the role(s) that you have.

Note that it would be possible for you to have different access in the various clients, if any changes made have not yet been transported.

0 Kudos

Most likely you are missing some authorizations for S_WFAR_OBJ repositories and the system is returning a misleading error number / text.

ST01 trace will show you want is really missing.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

The tcode was never present in the role.

My colleague has the same role with same values, but is still able to view the document.

Do you feel that i should still try resetting the user buffer?

Regards,

Yasmin

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

My role does not have the abject mentioned.

My colleague has the same role with same values but she is able to view the document.

Regards,

Yasmin

0 Kudos

I pressume that this is not authorization issue.

Try check this..

Does the parameter for you is same like your teammate? (Transaction SU3)

To access the IXOS is there any custom table maintained to enter authentic user ID. Likely to chek with ABAPer.

In order to reset your user buffer go to SU56 and from the menu you will have option to rest the buffer. Alternatively you can get Security guys to do it in SU01(depends on table entry)/PFCG/PFUD...

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

It sounds as if you need to speak to the people that manage your authorisations. They will probably need to check and see exactly what is happening to make sure of what the issue is first. I would suggest that they will need to see if they have made any changes that might have caused this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We don't have IXOS so I'm working 'blind' but a quick search on the forum

SAP Community Network Forums » ABAP Development » ABAP, General

brings up a fairly old thread - not sure if this helps though...

Edited by: David Berry on Feb 25, 2011 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guyz the issue has been solved.

There was some issue with the user profile on my desktop.