0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing Chinese ZH language on my ECC6:

-Ran rscpinst and classified ZH language

-Imported it via SMLT

-Supplement language ZH with EN

-Set zcsa/installed_languages to 1DE

In the language import guide, it says:

After importing the languages, you must also import the language data in the Support

Packages. To do this, perform the following steps:

a) Start transaction SMLT.

b) Select a language.

c) Choose Language u2192 Special Actions u2192 Import Support Packages.

I followed above and found there are a lot Support Packages in "Red" status like SAPKNA7000, SAPKNA7001, SAPKNA7002 etc that must be imported.

Where can I download the mentioned Support Packages in Red?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download support packages from: https://service.sap.com/swdc

But read this sap note first: [195442 - Language import and Support Packages|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/195442]

Also consider that i am not familiar with ZH specific issues, as i am sitting in europe

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to know what is the best way to download the SP highlighted in red.

There are over 300 SP in red and the previous SP and server installation was done by another person.

In Note 195442, it says:

The R3trans data files, pat files or corresponding CAR archives from SAPNet or from a Support Package Collection CD must be available for this.

Does this mean I have to search and download each of the SP in red like SAPKNA7000, SAPKNA7001, SAPKNA7002, etc individually in Service Marketplace? There must be an easier way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two possibilities, you will need the download manager for both ways:

- in swdc goto support package stacks and choose ERP 6.0, then you can select the start and target stack (=your current system level). You probably will be fine with only selecting usage ' ERP Central Component (ECC)'. This will fill your download basket with all packets.

- use the solution manager maintenance optimizer, set your system to support package 0 (initial shipment). Again set your target stack to your current stack, this will also fill your download basket. For higher releases than ERP 6.0 only this way is possible.

Prepare to have plenty of space on your server for the packets.

Good luck, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, do you know if there is a way for me to determine the current SP stack that I am on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you should know your current SP stack level

But the SAP_APPL package is always the same as the stack number. So if you have SAP_APPL package 16 then your stack is 16 as well...

And you can compare the versions of the individual files in swdc -> support package stacks. Choose a stack and select Show SP Stack Content.

Cheers Michael

yuvaraj_r2
Participant
0 Kudos

Login to your system

Choose System --> Status --> Component information

this will give the status of your system

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is what you need to do. When you install new languages, you need to download the support packs for your system components starting from the date of your system installation. For example, your system was installed on Jan 2010 with SAP700 Sp2 and now you are at Sp 23. You have to download SPs from Sp3 to Sp23 as language need all these SPs. Until you download all these, you will see red status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're facing some issue during language import (SMLT), recently we upgrade to Ehp5 from Ehp4. And we planned to implement the Arabic language in our system. Downloaded the Language media from service market place and copied AR's *.PAT file EPS/in but its throwing error message that "Select Valid Package" if we try to import the language in SMLT.

Did you have any idea for the above issue. Kindy suggest.

thanks & regards,

Guna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to for Language installation ,while import support pack cheks shows Yellow . Details shows

Upgrade support pack ST-PI 2005_1_700 level 005, But we already have ST-PI 2008_1_700 level. 000.

Let me know whether i can ignore this warning and go ahead or should i upgrade the level 004 of ST-PI 2008.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joji,

Yellow warnings during re-patching of SP's for language content import can be ignored, but in case you want to see all green and clean you can download the SP's in yellow status.

Though, the later SP level or component release exist in your system, after every new language installation whatever SP's were installed they need to be reinstalled again. If the language installation was done before the SP upgrade, running the report RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS in se38 should show all the SP's in green.

Hope, this is clear for your question.