cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Tracking In SAP ME 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to do Labor Tracking activity in SAP ME 5.2. I have some doubts in it.

1) What is RollUp? where shoud i configure for doing rollup?

In Labor Rule Maintenance i have set the rules. Is there any other place we need to configure?

2) I'm not able to do Supervisor Time Edit and Approval activity. In the documents it is given that once roll up has been done,

cost center supervisors can edit and approve time records for their employees.

Am i getting this problem due to roll up?

3) In LCC Summary Report i'm not able to see any changes for the LCC if i chnage the User LCC in Change User LCC activity.

Only the default LCC provided in Shop order is displayed.

Can anyone tell me how to solve all these?

Thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

First of all, you need to enable System rule to track labor.

Second, you need to define rules in Labor Rule Maintenance.

For #1 and #2, you need to run BAT file for rollup in ME Clients.

As concenrs #3, please provide exac scenario after setting up the config mentioned above.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I have enabled System rule and defined Labor rules.

Could u pls tell me which BAT file to run?

Whether it is ODSLaborRollup.BAT file?

For 3) the scenario is:

I have created one user as OPER in user maintenance and assigned him FIRST_SHIFT as Primary shift.

Default LCC as PRODUCTION.

In User Shift Maintenance, for the FIRST_SHIFT i have defined BREAK times.

The user Clocks in manually in POD. During BREAK times, i went to Change USER LCC activity and changed the particular user's LCC as IDLE_TIME. Once the Break time got over, again i changed the user LCC to Production.

At the end of the shift i Clocked out.

Now wen i see the LCC summary report i'm not able to find the changed User LCC and the report shows only PRODUCTION as the user's LCC.

Could u pls tell me whether i have configured properly? And how to solve this?

Thanks,

Joe.

Edited by: Joe Brot on Feb 21, 2011 10:57 AM

0 Kudos

Joe,

LCC Summary report handles associations between Shop Orders and LCCs from the angle of Productive and Rework hours spent. So, I guess the change of LCC should be displayed if the user has SFCs in active work at the moment of change.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

I'll try with it and will let u know soon.

And wat abt the BAT file?

Whether i should run ODSLaborRollup.BAT file?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

This time i tried to change the User's LCC with one SFC in active work list. I changed from PRODUCTION to IDLE_TIME.

But again in LCC Summary i'm getting the LCC as PRODUCTION only.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos

Joe,

Sorry for confusion.

This report was designed a while ago. Thus "Production Hours" and "Rework Hours" have quite literal meaning: it is time spent by SFC for production and for rework (e.g. processing along NC router). It is not related to the definition of LCC as an LCC of Productive subtype or Rework subtype.

So, for example, if you assign Shop Order to Production LCC and then Start SFC, wait for a minute, Log NC, perform disposition to NC router, Start SFC at NC router and Complete the first step of NC router, then the report will show the following:

timestamp1 -- ShopOrder1 -- Prod_LCC1 -- 0.04 -- 0.00 <-- processing at the first operation of production router

timestamp2 -- ShopOrder1 -- Prod_LCC1 -- 0.00 -- 0.04 <-- processing at the first operation of NC router

Regards,

Sergiy

Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I also wanted to mention that you should be sure to setup the time granularity for your summaries.

This can be done in

Time Granularity Maintenance and

Time Granularity Assignment Maintenance

Also, on SMP, in the documents for SAP ME 5.1, there is an implementation guide for setting up labor reporting.

You may find that guide useful.

Thank you

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Thanks, now i'm getting the report as u said. But i don understand the purpose of Change User LCC activity.

Why there is no reflection in LCC Summary report when we change the LCC as mentioned in the document?

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

Thanks for the response. Could u pls share me the documents related to this if u have?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos

Joe,

As I said, IMHO, the report seems to be slightly outdated.

As to the document mentioned by Jerry, here's the [link|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001374712008E/labortracking.pdf].

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy