cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Flat File Size Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to know how large flat file can be sent as input to an XI receiver file adapter which is doing file content conversion for converting a flat file to an XML message i.e. what is the approximate maximum input file size to a receiver file adapter in XI.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

the technical limit is 2 GB. But in reality it should be less depending on row conversion task and hardware. 100 MB is a real value to work with. If you have a mapping this will be the bottleneck. For complex mappings the limit can be only 10 MB.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maximum file size depends on your XI server hardware configuration. But in order for the ICM dispatcher to process the file you will need to make sure that the parameter icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB is set to its max value (2097152). You will have to check with your basis person and check the parameters under tcode rz10. Check the XI Performance tuning guide under the SAP Profile Parameters section for more information.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

a Discussion which took place on the forum,

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Before posting this query, i also had this view in mind that there is no standard procedure for finding maximum input file size....

But thanks for all your responses.....

By viewing the above replies, i had a query:

some of you were saying that if we had a large text file, then we can break the text file into multiple messages in file adapter - can the parameter <b>Recordsets per message

</b> be used to break a large text file to multiple send messages in sender adapter.

Can anybody explain the BPM approach of java proxy for using XI only as a FTP system as in this thread:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link..This may help you.

regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no specified procedure to determine so.

But you can do testing on an environment which is closer to your config environment of production server and do performance testing.

There are tools availble for the same for doing performance testing.

Regards

Vijaya

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go thru the comment section in the weblog - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

From my personal experience, <b>without</b> content conversion a 150 MB file took sometime but a 250 MB one really killed my system....

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar