cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO Service Manager button disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Hi, I try to run SBO Service Manager, it used to have dropdown drill with some options like "SBO Backup","SBO DI Server" and "License Manager". But now I see the dropdown no longer has those 3 options, but only blank and the button is turn into grey and disabled. I've check on service.msc all the services is "started" except for the SBO Backup.

Does anyone know how to figure it out?

Thanks,

Flo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is basically an issue with user rights. Log in with administrator mode and the settings will be enabled.

Regards,

Madhavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhavan K,

Kindly note that the Operating System used was Windows XP,

If the user made it to run into Administrator Mode (XP) or is actually using Administrator account, the result will still be similar wherein no Services are listed.

Any concrete solutions for this particular scenario is appreciated or can just tell us users straight that SAP B1 v8.82 PL10 doesn't run on Windows XP.

Thanks.

nick_carr
Explorer
0 Kudos

close service manager then right click instead of double clicking on it, choose 'run as administrator' or choose 'run as' and make sure the user you run it as has ful admin rights.

0 Kudos

Hi Flo,

Did you manage to solve your problem? I have exactly the same issue on my windows 2003 server with SBO 8.8

I did a complete reinstall but still no change.

All options of my sbo tools are greyed out.

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, too bad my friend decided to remove the old vmware and copy the new one...

Hm if you already remove the SBO, maybe you can check if there is some folder that need to be removed or something? im not quite sure about that tho'.. maybe the other experts able to help?

So sorry... I'll let you know later if I know something about it

-Flo

0 Kudos

Too bad thanks though

rgds,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flo

This is where it is supposed to be by default - "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\Service Manager\ServerManager.exe"

If it is missing, just go ahead and install it again. As long as you have license key file, you should be able to start and work again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Syed Aleem : Just check the .exe is still there

@Gordon : I just try to restart the laptop but still the same no options available in dropdown list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FLo, click on Connection Button and make sure itis pointing to valid server and database. Ensure that server and db does not have firewall running on it that may be blocking it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, the connection, schedule, setting and database buttons are even disabled

Btw, the current SBO is working at PL 17, if I uninstall the server tools then reinstall it again using the SBO 8.8, would it become a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flo, this is just my opinon and even experience -

You probably have it on DVD or have downloaded some place the server tools service manager install/uninstall.

I suppose it should not matter, as you are not downloading newer service manager.

However, do backup whatever you are doing, if you want to restore it to this state.

It is hard for me to tell 100% it will be OK, but I think it will be ok. The final decision is yours!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reinstall the server tools.

If you seetings is enabled Select the Service manager > License manager and then click on Settings > Set ( you will get a error message TOA named server not available)click ok and click on Connect

Now all the options will have been enabled.

Regards,

Rakesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, already reinstall the server tools, but the services are not listed in the dropdownlist still empty....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flo, you new server firewall is blocking this access to database, temporarily disable it and check it out. You will then have to enable certain specific ports I guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, already check that the firewall is OFF =P is it possible that the problem occur coz the network connection? 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is probably caused by network connection. That is why I asked you to restart both ends first to try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon, yea I think so, I don't really know the network setup. Might ask other friend tomorrow. So temporary my friend will run her B1 using vmware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Flo,

Have you restarted both ends in the right order after you changed network setting?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, let me try to restart the laptop first, I'll let you know later?? Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think your issue is permission.

if you run with win7 or Win 2008 .. you must right click and choose run as administration.

thanks

H2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we're running this on Win XP, there was no problem at all until I changed the network setting to connect to the real server. Now I can't access the service manager.