cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC4 settings and landscape consistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

we have a three system landscape here - dev, qa and production, no seperate sandbox system. following are the clients in these systems:

DEV 100 - golden client

DEV 200 - Unit Test/Sandbox

QA 100 - QA configuration client--- dont really use it

QA 200 - Testing client

PROD 100 - production client.

So as you can see, we dont have a seperate sandbox system. I am not sure which clients in DEV I should make modifiable for customizing and repository changes so that my golden client stays clean and so that we can also maintain consistency within entire landscape. Following is what I am thinking about, please let me know if this would be the right approach or not:

DEV 100 -- allow customizing and repository changes and allow recording and transport of changes or should I lock it against development ?

DEV 200 ---

For customizing - changes without automatic recording and no transports allowed, so that users can do R&D but do not allow transports and then make the same changes in DEV 100 (golden) and transport changes from there.

For development --- I dont understand what settings I should use, If I do not allow changes, developers would have to start their development in DEV 100, my golden client and if they somehow abondon the development and do not eventually transport the changes into QA and production, my landscape would become inconsistent. Is that acceptable ?

On the other hand, If i do allow changes to repository from this client, it effects the entire system and once again my golden client gets affected too. I would really like to know where to start development if a seperate sandbox system is not available.

CIQ 100, CIQ 200 and PROD 100 --- no changes allowed for customzing or repository

Please provide your feedback,

thanks,

VM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

This is client settings recommendet by SAP for your clients/systems.

DEV 100 - golden client /it's your cust and dev client /

- Automatic recording of changes

- Changes to repository and cross-client customizing allowed

DEV 200 - Unit Test/Sandbox

-Changes without automatic recording, no transports allowed

-No changes to repository and cross-client customizing objects

For all other clients/systems : QA 100 - QA configuration client--- dont really use it , QA 200 - Testing client, PROD 100 - production client use

-No changes allowed

-No changes to repository and cross-client customizing objects

BR , Plamen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

suggestion

DEV-100 : auto recording of changes, changes to repository and cross client customizing allowed

in this client your ABAP should do their coding

and your R&D do their customizing

your ABAP abandon their changes? it is usual.

inconsistent ? wait.

you should maintain consistency between your PRD-100 and your QA-100 only!

you cannot avoid your DEV client become dirty.

DEV-200 unit test/ sandbox : changes without automatic recording, changes to repository and cross client customizing allowed

in this client your Functional should perform initial test for ABAP program or customizing made.

if ABAP program need to be corrected, ABAP will do it on DEV-100

if customizing need to be corrected, do it on DEV-100 too

after ABAP program or customizing is fixed, release transport request and transport it to QA system

on QA system, perform final testing,

once everything is OK, transport to PRD

using this mechanism, your QA and PRD will consistent.

we do this mechanism for many years since go live.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help people ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sandbox keep separate system, if u do not have , better to make client copy in DEV, user can use the client only and its not affect ur qua and prd