cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy field error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

During Upgrade from SAP MDM5.5 to 7.1, In console - While verify check found "Non fatal hierarchy error" for description field.

So, i changed "Display Field = from No to YES" which are longer as 30 , then error message disappeared

But now, after the upgrade i am not able to revert the temporarily changes i made. Now the "Display" field is Non- editable.

Please suggest !

Regards,

Harmony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Its due to the SAP MDM 7.1 functionality. If you create any Hierarchy table, then by default one Name Field is created automatically in that table and you can change each and every property of that field except Display Field = Yes (in this case by default), Calculated = No (By Default).

Try creating a new hierarchy table and there will be 1 field which will be non editable i.e Display Fields = Name. So you can't change that property even at the time of creating the table. You can add more fields after creating the table by making the field property as Display. You can't remove the defaulted field for eg in general scenario, its Name field in the hierarchy.

But if that's not the default field then you can do as follows:

Extract the hierarchy data corresponding to that field. Then delete that field and again create a new field with the same property as that of older one other than Display Field = No. Then manually import all the data into the system.

It again depends upon the requirement. If there isn't any issue in displaying the Hirarchy text as well, then you can keep the system as it is to avoid the inconvinience.

Please let me know your inputs on this.

Regards:

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

Thanks for the solution.

Yes, it could be possible if we keep the "Display" field as "YES" but my only concern is will it impact during importing the data through import manager ?

Regards,

Harmony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Ideally it shouldn't create any problem. It will be the display field which will be available in your Matching tab. So please go ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harmony

Could you check "wiritable once" property for that field, please?

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin ,

Yes, ihave checked " Writable Once" and it says- NO

Regards,

Harmony

Edited by: harmony_2303 on Feb 22, 2011 9:44 AM