cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to begin with SOA. Roles SAP PI in SOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Im a SAP PI Consultant and Id like to begin with SOA. The information in web is so wide that one doesn´t know where to begin for. Which is the best way to begin and which roles plays SAP PI (Process Integration) in SOA?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes information overload is the case with SOA.

My advice would be:

- Understand SOA first from vendor neutral perspective (I'll prefer wiki and simple articles)

- Understand SAP vision of SOA and how it is unique (concept of Enterprise Service)

- Understand tools supporting SAP SOA vision (PI/ESR/SR etc)

PI repository (ESR) is vital design tool for SAP SOA, used in modeling definition of web services (Enterprise Services)

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed following steps to learn SOA. Currently I'm working on core SAP SOA and governance. Based on my expereince I think below links are very usefull.

Step: 1 Understand what exactly is SOA. Quick way to search videos on youtube. There is one good vedio on youtube that was made my TIBCO, but animated version will calrify your many doubt.

Step: 2 Refer any good SOA book ( independent on SAP). I recommend books that are metioned on this page. http://www.soaglossary.com/ ( start with design principles...than move to governance and patterns).

Step 3: Explore ESWorkplace and make your self comfortable with enterprise services, business components, process components, operations etc.

Step 3: Use SAP PI 7.1 or CE 7.1 to develop your own dummy services. ( replicating ES workplace services)..just for understanding and better naming conventions.

Step 4: Start reading SAP SOA handbook and SAP SOA community page.

Step 5: Discuss your open question on forums. Search specific query on internet. ( but restrict yourself to one question/topic at a time..otherwise you will lose motivation.

These steps look simple. but that is how I started my successful SOA journey. A right and organized ways of learning make our self more enthusiastic and creative

Good luck for your studies and best of luck for your career. Stay foolish...stay hunger

Regards,

Farooq Farooqui

SOA and Integration Consulant

Cognizant UK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kindness!!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Farooq

Could you please explain how SAP PI realizes Service Governance?

thank you

Carol

Answers (0)