SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Payment after the Due Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having the requirement that, if the down payment request exceeds the due date, system should not allow to accept the incoming payment with reference to the down payment request.

Is there any settings to control the such kind of scenario?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Aswin

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

I dont think there is any such standard functionality for your requirement.

However, your requirements can be met, but first you need to understand what will happen to the payment which comes after the due date-

(a) Whether it will get routed to payment clarification worklist ? or,

(b) Will get posted against the account as payment on account or settle with some other outstanding debt? or,

(c) Will give an error message if the payment posting date is after the due date of the down payment request ?

If you go for option (a), you need to code in event 243 and 262.

If you go for option (b), then you need to change the clearing rule and may be add a new step for the same in which you can sort by the main transaction, due date and amount fo thw downpayment requests.

If you go for option (c), event 0020 will be useful.

I would recommend you to go with option (a), or option (b).

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your response.

Actually our client doesnu2019t want to accept the payment if exceeds the due date for this particular scenario. In this case, they will be generating the new request.

Is it possible to control through dunning?. Like when it reaches the 2nd level system should change the payment lock.

Once again my sincere thanks

Regards,

Aswin

0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

I am a bit confused with the lines in your above post-"Our client doesnu2019t want to accept the payment if it exceeds the due date"

What does it imply? I am still stuck on my question that I asked in my initial post-

"What will happen to the payments which are coming through after due date?"

You are not accepting it's ok.....but will it be refunded back to customer or reversed in SAP or something like that?

There should definately be a process for these payments to get allocated in SAP or refunded back to the customer, you first need to know that.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

You are correct....

Here for the specific scenario, after the due date, payment will not be accepted. If customer wants to pay the amount, new down payment request will be created based on the current market price.

Hope I have explained properly.

Regards,

Aswin