cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Validation Expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to validate a field (Flat/Text) in a table to look up in another table list of values using validation expression in SAP MDM Data manager... i.e., say i have a table called Test with field fld1 flat/text (not a lookup) with another table Test1 column values fld2. i.e., if Test has values 1,2,3 in in fld1 and Test1 has values 2,3 in fld2, validation on table Test field value 1 should fail and rest should pass...

Any help is appreciated.. I dont want to use look-up functionality reason being during import if it doesnt exist, the record fails loading, i want validation fail instead. Any alternate suggestions to address this need is appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Its better to have as a Lookup Field and would you like to add the newly imported value (into the lookup table ) if its not there or just wanna ignore it.

Please try the following Option :

In Import Manager , Open the Map and goto Configurations -> Options

Under 'Default MDIS handling ' there is 'Unmapped vlaue handling '...options available are Ignore,Add,Fail

Change these settings according to your need and perform import.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimal Cline,

Thanks for the reply. My problem is we want to display as validation failed records. The way you have suggested would discard the records and a seperate file may be generated as exceptions. Some one has to manually check if the file exists and there wont be any automated way of notifying that error occured.

Hence I want to have the check the way I had indicated.. any thoughts...

Thanks,

Raj Kidambi