cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1: Issue creating Rules on Alert Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am having issues selecting an alert Category that was created by ALRTCATDEF and creating Rules for the Alert Category.

Below are the steps that lead to the issue:

1. Created an Alert Category using ALERTCATDEF.

2. In RWB --> Alert Configuration: I can see the Alert Category that I created, but when select it and click update table. I do not see the value being updated in the "Alert Category" field to be able to create a new Rule.

Additional Tests done:

I launched the SXMS_alertrules in SICF and when I select the Alert Category, the Alert Category field is populated and i can define rules. It does work form RWB.

I have checked the Exchanged Profile parameters for RWB and changed all the hostnames field to FQDN (This actually solved my first issue of not being able to access the Alert Config Page).

I have also checked the Parameters in RWB ExchangeProfile:

r3.client: client number(example: 100, 200, 300 etc...)

r3.r3name: SID

r3.sysnr: <Example: 10,20...>

I have also looked at note 913858, settings look good.

Any ideas on where it could go wrong or ideas to debug the issue?

Thank you,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Try having a look at this XI: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards,

Aravind

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all

I created alert categoy and alert rule(in alert rule definition i checked both boxes and under that i checked radio button of no restirction). when i run report RSALERTTEST that time i am getting mail and i am not getting any mail when red found in sxmb_moni.

For this i read this thead some one mentioned that uncheck "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule"

it is not enabling to change status.

I dont know about excange profiles can u guid meplease

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please see the below links, it will might be useful to you.

[Link1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9418d690-0201-0010-85bb-e9b2c1af895b?quicklink=elearn&overridelayout=true]

[Link2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2328] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Link3|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I went through the links but could not find any information on the issue.

Any other ideas where it could go wrong ... I mean the sxms_alertrules service when tested through SICF work fine. The issue is only when I invoke this through RWB. It is as if the update from selection of the alert item is sent back to another location rather than the same page.

Let me know if you can think of anything.

Thank you,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thank you .... for all the help.

Strange enough, but it was an Exchange Profile parameter, not in the Runtime Workbench but in Connections category that I had to change to FQDN.

com.sap.aii.connect.rwb.name

Issue now closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for sharing your solution.  I also encountered similar problem: after select category in "Selectd Alert Category", value in "Alert Category" is not updated and still blank.  Therefore, it is unable to add new rule.

After update exchange profile parameter as you mentioned, we restart the system and the problem was solved.  It is very strange that it is no need to use FQDN in this parameter while defined in development or QA system.

Regards,
Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Kindly go through the following links that gives you details about Alert Configuration steps:

http://www.saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC1.htm

Hope it helps you mate

Thanks

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biswajit,

Tried this but did not work.

looks like, the biggest clue so far is that when I launch the service, sxma_alertrules, via Tcode:SICF and path:

sap/bc/bsp/sap/sxms_alertrules

The Alert Category field is populated when I select an item from the table "Select Alert Category" which inturn activates the 'Add Rule' button and so I can create rules. But when I launch the Alert Config page from RWB, I cannot populate the Alert Category field and so Add Rule button is disabled.

Another clue is the service:

sap/bc/bsp/sap/icf

returns "BSP Exception: the Application Name icf in URL /sap/bc/bsp/sap/icf?sap-client=100 is invalid."

Thank you,

Vijay