Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet enabling Mobile Applications developed in SAP

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed a BSP application using JQuery as depicted in the

[Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22129] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

I have tested it on safari browser and it works perfectly fine.

Now i want to test it on real mobile device,but I dont want to expose my SAP ECC6 Server to internet.

For normal BSP applications, we create iview in SAP EP and then access from internet using Reverse Proxy Server.

What are the options in this case?Waht additional Server is required which would be exposed to internet?

Any pointers,experience sharing would be of great help.

Regards

Rajendra

Edited by: Rajendrakumar Gaikwad on Feb 19, 2011 10:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

if we test our mobile Apps, we make sure our device is connected to internal network. This can be done by WLAN connection or cradeling the device. In that case, we have access to internal IP addresses, like we have while using our local PC in the office.

It should be easy to test the app - and you are able to use any device emulator as well just for general runtime check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tested my application on real mobile by connecting to my SAP Server using Wi-FI.

But my Question is not @ this.

What is happening here is that mobile device is directly connecting to my SAP Server where the application runs.

I want to know what to put in between SAP Server & internet so that the SAP Server is not directly exposed to internet.

Just like we use an Reverse Proxy Server to Scheild the SAP Portal & SAP Server in case of Normal web apps.

I hope i am clear with my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

oh - sorry - I missunderstood you.

Well, in that case you should be able to use the same way to shield your SAP Server form Internet. It is the same protocoll underneath, the same conversation is going on - I guess jsut the port is different in your case. So you should just add your server to the proxy you already have and this should be fine. Is this not working for you?

Regards,

Oliver

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the explaination.

Let me try this.

will talk to my basis guys and will get back soon.

regards

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will probably be installing a Webdispatcher on a server that is reachable from internet. This should route the requests over to whatever server you have inside the DMZ that hosts the mobile application. The new version, 7.2 has nice features and is greatly improved from earlier versions.

Answers (0)