cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zprograms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I am Sd consultant and in my new project they want me to work totally on z programs. I don't have much idea about it. can anyone please tell me what i will have to do in this project. what kind of processes will be doing.

Thanks and regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Based on the Customer Requirement you will prepare the functional spec and Explain to thje ABAPER ,He will work on it.

example.

Routines in SAP SD

Any Business requirement can be met through Standard Configuration or any customized development.

Customized requirements in SD consists of Program, Routines, Exits, BAPI & BADI etc..

Following is the process of creation of Routines:-

Routines in Sales & Distribution plays a vital role .Business Requirements can be met by creating and configuring in required applications i.e. it can be a Copy control Routine or any Pricing Requirement Routine or any Out Put Requirement Routine.

Step by Step Process:-

VOFM is the Transaction, where we can create New Routine.

1. Go to VOFM Transaction Code

2. On the Menu Select required Application i.e Requirements -Pricing

3. Enter any Number in between 600 to 999 for Custom Developments.

4. On entering Pop Screen appears ask for Access Key

We have to remember that Every New Routine needs an Access Key

5. We have to send the Object number and installation details to the BASIS

6. BASIS will provide the Access Key

7. Once the Access Key is received we can do modification with the help of Technical Consultant.

8. Enter the Routine Number ,description and insert the Access Key

9. Now the ABAP Editor will open and required code can be copied from Standard SAP Routine and Custom Code Can be developed.

10. Once the coding is completed we have to Activate the Routine

11. Select the Routine and Go to Edit - Activate

12. Ensure that Active check box is ticked upon Activation of the Routine.

13. Double click on the routine will enter into ABAP Editor, we have to generate the Routine

14. Go to Program and select Generate

16 A screen pops up with the related Main Programs ie...SAPLV61A and select all required main programs wherever the Routine is being called.

17 Once the Routine is Generated and Activated, We can configure the Routine in the config.

18 Configure the Routine in required applications and do the Testing

19 We have to transport the Workbench Request i.e. Routine first ,then only we have to transport customizing request

20 We have to Activate and Generate the Routine in each and every client it got transported.

21 If you want to Generate the Routine automatically in each client it is transported to, you have the following 2 options:

1. In the Transport Organizer you can manually add the following entry to the parent Workbench Request for the Routine.

R3TR XPRA RV80HGEN

This automatically executes report [RV80HGEN] after the Transport Request has been imported into the target system.

Please see SAP Note 22808 for more detail.

2. Alternatively, you can apply SAP Note 598475 to your development system. This effects a change in VOFM, automatically

adding the entry above to each Workbench Request created from VOFM.

Thanks,

venkataswamy.y

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general,in all projects we are going to use all Zprograms only to meet the customer's requirements.

For example,you might be using a sales order type as "ZOR" which is similar to "OR" with minor changes.Coming to ZPrograms,for getting the list of all sales orders,we have standard reports like VF05/VF05n.But as per the customer requirement,you may go for some enhancements to our standards reports which is nothing but a Z report.

Ask your ABAPer to create a Z T.code for the Z Programs.

Regards,

Krishna.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

1) First before giving the requirement to technical people explain them functional logic

2) If possible give table names and filed names

3) Tell what type of report you need with selection criteria

4) If you need like a Standard report with some additional fields show them report and explain how you need

5) Before going for a Zreport check the standard programs.

Ask in forums if you need more help in that.

Regards,

Madhu