cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is it right to say that a Product Proposal is masterdata that can be set-up and will consist of a grouping of material without the quantity , which is frequently ordered. A Product proposal can be copied with or without qtyu2019s and can be linked in a customer master.

Or a product proposal master data does Not consist of the Quantity since a condition record returns a material code only?

My view is that it does not include the quantity as my understanding of Product proposal is that is means Material determination.

It could be manual / auto product selection, direct automatic material substitution.

Also, does Product proposal also include material inclusion and exclusion?

Have a nice day.

regards

M Russo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Product proposal doesnt include material inclusion and exclusion.

Its just an order entry tool to enter materials fastly.

Thanks

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

So, product proposal cannot be copied to a new doc created with reference to the doc that has used product proposal?

Am i right to say, Product proposal is based on customer master code entered and the material code and for a sales doc type, it will be present and so its not copied when a new doc is created with reference?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product proposal, Material Determination, Inclusion and exclusion are all different concepts which are used in the sales order to make it more flexible, accurate and ease of use for the customer sales representative who creates the sales order.

Let me give you an example each which may help you understand each one of them.

a. Product Proposal: If a customer buys repetadely a set of materials from you at certain frequency, then you may want them to be documented, so that next time he can just give you a call and say just send me the regular materails that I order. Then, you create a proposal which while creating the sales order can be run and copied directly to SO (with or without quantity). You assing the proposal to the customer in the sales tab of sales area data (XD01/2).

b. Material Determination: If you have Material A and your company releases an imporved form of Material A say A1 and tells the sales reps that you exhaust all A that you have in your stock and then start selling A1. But, your customer will still give order for A. So, when your sales rep enteres the sales order, you want system to check if A exists in stock, if yes, put A in sales order, else put A1. In such cases you can use materail determination. This works on condition technique.

c. Inclusion and Exclusion: Inclusion is where you will include all the materials that you want to sell to your customer and not all the assortments that you have in your company. You will create a list of all the materails that you want to sell to your customer.

Similarly Exlusion is where you put a list of materails that you dont want to sell to a particular customer from your total assortment of products you sell. This happens usually in a chemical industry or a retail industry. This works on condition technique.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukund,

Appreciate your answers.

To conclude, Product Proposal does not use the condition technique as its assigned to the customer master data and its not an assortment module?

So, to use the product proposal I suppose is to manually enter a material item that is associated with the product proposal?

regards

M Russo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. Product proposal will not use condition technique. Product proposal is created first as a document with all the required materials in it (like creating the sales order) saved and it is assigned to the customer. While creating the sales order, if you click on the product proposal button (Cntrl+F11) the sales over view screen (after entering the sold to party) you can get all the materials in the proposal automatically. You can even give with or without quantity. It is basically a manual process.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukund,

According to online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/1e/e81d98fe4711d295f600a0c9306794/frameset.htm

You can determine the product proposal from different data sources:

Order history

Listed materials

Excluded materials

Item proposal

Customer/material info records

Customer-specific data sources

So, I just like to conclude this thread by asking

Can product proposal be copied with reference to a new document like Sales order whereby the seleciton list can allow you to copy the main items or the product proposal like material determination product list.

regards

M Russo

Edited by: Mirella Russo on Feb 22, 2011 5:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please look thsi.

Thanks,

venkataswamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat ,

Thanks for the useful link.

However, it does not mention if Material Exclusion or Inclusion is a form of product proposal.

I know that both uses condition technique.

Could you further clarify.

Thanks.

regards

John