cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error "Assertion_Failed" in BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We were trying to install BW Admin Cockpit in SAP Netweaver BW 7.3 Version.

However, we are facing below runtime error & it gives Dump everytime -

"ASSERTION_FAILED"

Terminated Program "CL_RSSH_DTP_PROXY============CP"

Same Error is being faced even by entering T Code RSA1 as well....

Kindly let me know if anybody has solution for this Issue.

Thanks

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAP BW 7.31 SP 5. We had this dump "ASSERTION_FAILED"

Terminated Program "CL_RSSH_DTP_PROXY============CP" when we try to create a transformation of a hierarchy (on new 7.x flow). We tried all these notes (1585456, 1250408, 1800939, 1724314),  RSA1OLD, deleted the contents of RSCOMPTLOGO without success. After many tentatives and some ABAP debug, we solve using the tips of the thread below:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3270983

We installed some technical Infoobjects of BI Content and solved.

0H_CHILDID

0H_NEXTID

0H_NODEID

Please assign points if its useful.

Regards,

Vinicius Lima / Marco Modesto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I installed these technical InfoObjects that you indicated and now is working fine.

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Leandro Dias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

I had a similar issue but had to activate 0OBJECTID from the business content as well. Now its working fine.

In any of you have the same issue and have activated all these objects but are still facing the problem. Got to the dump in ST22, search for value L_T_IOBJ and find the runtime values in that table. All the InfoObjects in that table should exist in the BW system. If they don't, please activate them from the Business Content.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I experienced the same issue when trying to create a transformation for a new 7.4-hierarchy-datasource.

It helps to start the dump-debugger and check the content of table L_T_IOBJ - not all the content is displayed in the dump protocol. Then activate all the listed Infoobjects from bi-content. In may case I had to try it a few times until I had all of the Infoobjects from the debugger - but that may have been just my fault.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We had a similar issue with our NW 7.3 system after a copyback a large number of chains seemed to disappear in RSPC, you could search for them and find them but as soon as you tried to do anything with them then we got the ASSERTION_FAILED short dump.

We could however view them and run them through RSA1OLD but not through RSA1 or RSPC.

The resolution for us was to delete the contents of table RSCOMPTLOGO this did the trick for us

Also to stop this happening again implement note 1585456

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Keith

0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same issue on a fresh NW 7.3 installation. RSA1 works fine, but the error occurs on activation of BI Administration cockpit. is a solution available?

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We had the same problem, but once we applied the Support Packages (they are currently on level 3) the problem was solved.

You should do the same in order to get rid of this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement the corrections given in the note: 1250408

Regards,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a basis issue give that dump to basis they will be able to sort it out for you.

Thanks

krishna.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for the reply but are you aware of any Specific SAP Notes which solves this issue.

Thanks

Swapnil

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Once give a try by running the Transaction RSA1OLD and next run the transaction RSA1 and check if the problem does not repeat again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

RSA1OLD works but RSA1 & RSPC still gives dump. Any more details to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Swapnil

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the dump analysys. and check with the BASIS team.

Was there any system or SP upgrade recently....?

can you post the same... here so that we can share some idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

This is new BW 7.3 Installation & no Upgrade has been done on the same.

BASIS is looking into the details but till now they were not able to fix the same.

In the dump, there is not much details to look into.

Here is the brief details of the dump ->

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors ASSERTION_FAILED

ABAP Program CL_RSAWBN_TREE_VIEW===========CP

Application Component BW-WHM-AWB

Thanks

Swapnil

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

As your ssytem is new instalaltion and with latest version... you can raise a S NOTE to SAP .

They can help you on this.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapnil,

I am having the same problem with a fresh install of BW7.3.. I have the Short Dump when nqavigating Info Areas or collecting BI Content objects, have you got anywhere with solving this yet?

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

No Solution yet, We are thinking of applying SP2 as i read it in SAP Note which might solve this. But as of now, still the issue persists.

Thanks

Swapnil

0 Kudos

This solved the issue for me!

thnx!!!