cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display/Edit mode is deactivated in IR & ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported one IR object(i.e .TPZ file, complete SWCV)from one system to the other system of the IR editor.I would like to do some modifications for the same object.It is in the display mode(i.e in gray color).How can i come to change mode.The button itself is deactivated.Is there any settings while export and import the object.

Thanks in Advance

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

brenm1989
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my case I had to adjust the Usage Profile to "Unrestricted(SAP BASIS...)"esr-1.pngesr-2.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

When u r exporting you can check whether Objects are original objects and objects are modifiable checked or not

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, did you activate the Import Change List ? And did u activate it at the change list level?

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Both are checked, when i did first time.Second and third time i tried with alternate options.No hope.

Rgds

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I couldn't see my object in the change list for activation and i couldnt see the option activate in the object level of the object tab

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar Raju,

Try to import and export objects individually on behalf of softaware component.

And check both xi servers have same SLD or different SLD.

thanks

Prasad Babu Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anna,

I am trying to export our project(PortfolioConnect) from old XI server to new XI server.I have followed michael krawckzyk blog, and got stucked at exchangeprofile.I couldn't see any content in the exchange profile,just blank screen. Plz try to sort out this issue.

Thanks & Regards

your x colleague.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Please take a look at this..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects

Hope ur problem gets solved.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabrish & prasanth,

Threads are helpfull, but my problem is not solved due to I cannot see anything in the exchange profile.

Regards

Raju

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your SWCV ( Software COmponenet ), just make sure if hte options , <b>ALL OBJECTS ARE ORIGNAL OBJECTS and ALL OBJECTS ARE MODIFIABLE</b> are selected.

If not select the same, and activate the SWCV and check.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

The options "ALL OBJECTS ARE ORIGNAL OBJECTS and ALL OBJECTS ARE MODIFIABLE" are also disabled. My problem is, we have 2 Different XI servers. We did one scenario on one XI server. the same should be replicate with slight modification on the different server.For the same, I exported all the IR & ID content to some location and imported the same content in the different XI server.After importing successfully i couldn't come to change mode. The button "switch between Display/Edit mode" is disabled.

Rgds

Mahali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Y don u go choose the edit mode from the option

messagetype--->display\edit .

cheers

jithesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do have a look at the thread.

Also confirm if you have the correct authorizations assigned to your id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double click on software component version and tick both objects are original object and objects are modifiable