cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Integration with Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a Webdynpro ABAP Application in which I want to create a screen(form) with various Input fields which will be entered by the user and it will have a Submit button.

On the click of the Submit button I want to trigger a Workflow and send a workitem to the Approver. The Approver will be determined by the creator by selecting from a DropDown which will have the list of all the Approvers. How can I integrate this with UWL so that the Approver can logon to the Portal to Approve /Reject the workitem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to create the task entry in uwl xml file for your workflow task to call for an application.

you can check performance management worklfow ws12300122 that has task 12300110.

to execute a webdynpro abap application for task 12300110 below xml content in uwl configuration is required.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS12300110.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType="TS12300110" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT"/>

<Property name="PLAN_VERSION" value="${item.PlanVersion}"/>

<Property name="APPRAISAL_ID" value="${item.ID}"/>

<Property name="PART_AP_ID" value="${item.PartID}"/>

<Property name="wi_id" value="${item.externalId}"/>

<Property name="MODE" value="X"/>

<Property name="sap-wd-configId" value="HAP_AC_MAIN_DOC"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_Webdynpro_ABAP"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="sap"/>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

Do respond for futher queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developer,

Also please check this.. it might helps you..

Thanks,

Kris.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For fetching UWL things or creating enteries in UWL in portal.

first register the backend system in UWL by setting up connection using connectors.

then in the web dynpro design screen and there are quite a lot of BAPIs present in ABAP

related to workflow. like SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT is used to create event in the PWL for a particular user.

similarly you can find lots of BAPIs stating with SAP_WAPI* . they all are related to it.

thanks

sarbjeet singh