cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date change during workflow Process: Document nos change, workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ECC6.0 and we want to apply OSS note 87700, If anyone wouldn't mind sharing how their experience, I'd like to learn from you, how did you handle this issue or get it resolved.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

You should implement this note. My additional requirement was for Invoice documents that could be engaged in workflow across Fiscal Years -with an intermediate update during the WF process. When the background task calling BAPI_INCOMING_INVOICE_UPDATE (or something like that) returned a different document number than the original one, I used that as an object reference for the rest of the workflow process.

So check out the BAPIs too.

Good luck,

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We applied the note but I was surprised that the problem is still occuring. When we change the posting date from last fiscal year to 2011 and save the document, the old document is deleted and a new one created but the new is not transferred, " I get a message in my inbox about termination. Did you have this issue?

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

How are you changing the posting date? Via MIR0? Perhaps the reason I had no problem is that I had a background task updating the invoice after the new fiscal year, and was able to catch the new invoice document number and pass it back into workflow.

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are updating the posting date using FBV4, that takes us to a screen similar to MIRO. What program did you use for the background job? is it program RMBABG00? How did you set it up to change the invoice posting dates? how does it call the workflow?

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

We use BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CHANGE for a background task that needs to update a field on the invoice when it goes out for approval, and when it comes back. This BAPI exports a new FY and document number if the FY has changed. So all we needed to do was test that value, if it exists, pass that back into the workflow.

Hope this helps,

Sue