Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Lookup error with Axis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a SOAP lookup (Axis) from UDF. It fails with an exception :

Error -

com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Exception during processing the payload.Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel CC_XXX_Axis (Party: , Service: XXXXReceiverService, Object ID: d046b8acb60a35a8958aefb4a69f3b19) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: (No information available). Cause Exception: (No information available).

But i can see the logs at the target server, that has the proper resquest structure and the response from the webservice is also in the target logs. So no problems calling the target webservice.

I wrapped the accessor.call(payload) method in a Try-Catch block to narrow down that the problem occurs while making the webservice call.

try
    {   Payload SOAPOutPayload = accessor.call(payload);   }
catch (Exception e)
    {   trace.addWarning("Error     ----  " + e);
        return ("soap call failed");
    }

I am using the Receiver SOAP (Axis) adapter setup as described in http://tknight.org/sdn/show/15373

And i know this works because i created a PI interface to call the same webservice without a UDF. This webservice also works from SOAP-UI.

Can we do webservice lookup using Axis framework and Any suggestions to solve the above?

Regars,

Balaji.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> Can we do webservice lookup using Axis framework and Any suggestions to solve the above?

You can use Soap Adapter (Axis) to call or consume web service sucessfully. Basically to do that you need axis.jar (Axis framework) and web service securiy framework like WS RM (Webservice Reliable Messaging). Since this jars are deployed in pi server, you are able to communcate using AXIS soap adapter,

When it comes to soap lookup using UDF, You have to use those jars classes in the import statment to use axis soap framework. I think, using UDF you may not able to achieve this. I would recommend to use java mapping and there you have flexibilty to use those axis jar directly and call webservice which host axis webservice.

In my opinion, SOAP Lookup using UDF is not feasible directly... But using Java mapping we can achieve this.

Hope answered your question