cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP-Adding additional user info from source other than SAP or LDAP/AD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to add additional employee information to the CUP request entry screen from a source other than SAP or LDAP/Active Directory? We are on version GRC 5.3 13.2.

We are wanting to pull in additional employee information and show it on the CUP request entry screen, but this data is not currently in any of our SAP systems or our LDAP/Active Directory. The only ways to add new data that I've been able to find so far are Custom Fields (which only works with SAP systems), and LDAP Mapping Additional Fields (which of course only works with LDAP).

I am assuming that LDAP Mapping Additional Fields also works with Active Directory. If this is not correct, please let me know.

Also, the SAP Custom Fields option seems to really be general information, not employee specific.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

custom fields are just extra fields on the request screen that you can use to carry information throughout the request. They can be mapped to CUP tables or ABAP tables (example: user group), or they can be mapped to an LDAP field.

So you can chose to make them general (table based) or employee specific (LDAP based)

CAREFUL: once you have used a custom field for testing you won't be able to delete it from CUP!

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our ultimate goal is to get our user data for CUP from our MetaDirectory source, which is a SQL database. I've been told that MetaDirectory is becoming the industry standard for user data, so I am curious to see what other companies are using for their data source.

Anyone else using MetaDirectory?

Thanks.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

yes, lots of companies use MetaDirectories. Eventually the data is in a database, but the query protocol is always LDAP.

Netweaver Identity Management may be an option for you, which allows access to the identity repository with LDAP through the VDS (Virtual Directory Server). I've also used this in conjunction with Access Control.

Frank.