SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-UT 600 upgrade to IS-UT 605 in EHP5 for ERP6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We recently installed EHP5 for ERP 6.0.We activated the business function Utilities on it.

The IS-UT is currently at level 600.There is a requirement to move it to IS-UT 605.

Need your assistance in this.

1)Where to download the required software for it.

2)Guide/Notes to follow

3)Any additional information

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an ideal scenario, with the installation of EHP 5.0, the level should have been changed to 605.

However, if you want to update the level to 605, you need to download the support pack from SAP Service market place relevant to the component and apply it in your system.

There are certain prerequisites like the base patch level that you need to follow.

First you need to go to SAP Solution manager and execute transaction "DSWP" and click on "Maintaineance Optimizer".

You need to "create a new maintainenace" transaction and then need to select the system on which you want to apply the patch level.

Once you select the system and click on continue, it gets routed to SAPservice market place, and you need to search for the appropriate patch level and then add it and download it to the download basket.

Finally, you need to apply the patch into your system.

I would recommend you to contact your basis person before performing these activities.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an ideal scenario, with the installation of EHP 5.0, the level should have been changed to 605.

However, if you want to update the level to 605, you need to download the support pack from SAP Service market place relevant to the component and apply it in your system.

There are certain prerequisites like the base patch level that you need to follow.

First you need to go to SAP Solution manager and execute transaction "DSWP" and click on "Maintaineance Optimizer".

You need to "create a new maintainenace" transaction and then need to select the system on which you want to apply the patch level.

Once you select the system and click on continue, it gets routed to SAPservice market place, and you need to search for the appropriate patch level and then add it and download it to the download basket.

Finally, you need to apply the patch into your system.

I would recommend you to contact your basis person before performing these activities.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan

"In an ideal scenario, with the installation of EHP 5.0, the level should have been changed to 605"

As per the guide and other references i got to know that only EA-APPL & SAP-APPL are changed to 605 patch level.

All other remain at 600 only.

Now my requirement is to upgrade IS-UT 600 to IS-UT 605.I want to know how to go ahead with it.

Is it a add-on?

Requires EHPI for installation or SPAM/SAINT?

The exact location from where i can download the software from??

Looking forward for your reply

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my answers as follows-

(a) Yes, IS-UT 605 is an add-on.

(b) Enhancement package Installer (EHPI) is the tool available for 32-bit\64 bit platforms for installation of IS-UT 605.

(c) I was checking in SAP service market place for the support package for EHP 5, but then I realised that EHP 5 is yet to be released.Only a ramp up version of EHP 5.0 has been released.

SAP service market place only contains support packages for those , which have been released.

So I dont think you will be able to download any thing for the same.

The process that I explained in my previous post is a standard process for downloading any support pack from SAP service market place provided that exists in there.

I would recommend you to contact SAP for the same.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan

Can you tell me the same for EHP4??EHP4 is available for download

Looking forward to reply

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a old post but thought to reply

EHP4 is avaible for download and in fact from May 14th EHP5 is also available for download

Best Regards,

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The download would be available at service market place , service.sap.com - you need to have a service marketplace ID for the same .

Well as the activites are pertaining to Basis domain hence it is advisable to consult the basis counter part for the same .

On a fucntional side you can explore what all are the changes to the existing programmes , in case on any developments if you have done in the system - As the majour pain in an upgrade is the Z or Y developments .

Leave the installation to basis team and concentrate on the changes that would be applicable post upgrade . the details of the same would be availabe on service marketplace .

Regards ,

Dewang

0 Kudos

Hi Dewang

I am only concerned with the upgrade.At the moment Functional things are not so important.

Also i need the exact location to download the software to upgreade IS-UT to 605.

Also the notes etc to follow for this

Thanks