cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe for SAP Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create an Universe designer based on SAP Tables , for example EKKO EKPO Tables.

Can you help me with details ?

I would be grateful if you could help me showing details for this.

Best regards,

Maicon Neves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have SAP BW?

if yes, then load the table to SAP BW and make a model for it

and from BW, you can use the integration KIT to build a universe based on a Query on top of this model

if not, you can load the table using any data integration tool to another database, and u can build a universe over this database

and one more option, that you can build a virtual datawarehouse on top of that SAP table using Data Federator

and build your universe on top of your vritual datawarehouse.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Via query to build the universe is to build a olap universe ,right?

How to build a schema in structure area using the BW table or cube ,eg, I want to create a universe for selling info ,the universe name is Sales analysis , I have create a query in BW as Selling info ,now ,I can explore the qurey Selling info to a olap universe ,but I want to get the cube structure in universe,so how to get it ? Thanks.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jen,

I would prefer use Data fedarator where you can build target based on one or multiple tables and based on this you can build ur universe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding that the R3 tables are self-describing database tables and that you could look at them and make sense of them, while the BW tables are system-generated and that looking at them would invalidate licencing/support agreements. If someone from SAP could confirm that, it would be interesting because I'd love to be able to report directly against BW rather than jumping through other semantic layers just to provide my own in Designer!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

right now you can go to the Innovation Center in the BusinessObjects community area in SDN where you will find a prototype of creating a Universe on top of SAP InfoSet. You could expose the tables via the SAP InfoSet.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meet the same requirement, we except the key business users can practice the webi reports ,but i find the crystal report can connect to sap infoset ,but i don't find the designer can connect to sap table or BW table just can connect to query or infocube as olap universe,

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

Crystal Reports is able to connect to tables in a BW system - its the same connectivity that is used to connect to ERP tables.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo.

The crystal reports client can connect the BW query and ECC table ,but it is too technical to business users ,but the webi is a more friendly tool than crtstal report , I want to explore the bw table to structure not OLAP .