cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Planning Version and Simulation Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

What is the difference between Planning Version and Simulation Version?

Thanks,

Debi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debi

There are a lot of threads in this forum that give detailed info about version concept. Also you can refer to help.sap.

Anyways , planning version is the version against which your live cache data is stored. The data against this version is the one that the planners and buyers are going to refer to or use to make their planning and buying decisions. Data against the planning version is nothing but data relevant to the business .

There may be instances where you would like to simulate some scenario. If you want to do trial and error analysis and at the same time if you do not want to impact the actual business data , then you create simulation versions and simulate your scenario.

For example your actual sales orders received for the month of March may be 100 CS. This is the actual number that will be stored against your planning version. Lets say the demand planner wants to find out what will be the impact if there is a sudden bulk demand from a new customer for 500 CS - that is if he wants to do a what - if analysis then he can create a simulation version and try to check the impact .

Thanks

Aparna

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And one more important difference is that data from simulation version does not flow to ECC. where as any changes to data in version '000' flows to ECC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I got your point. Just Cross checking my knowledge ->

Model -> It holds Master Data (Active Model = 000)

Planning Version -> It holds Master data and transactional data (Version = 000 -> Always)

Now i am making a copy of this planning version to a simulation version (for simulation purpose -> testing Purpose).

Thus one planning version can have multiple Simulation versions.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Debi

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes one active version can have multiple simulation versions

Answers (0)