Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have the following scenario / requirement:

Based on contracts with customer, company keeps stock of certain materials. These materials may not have a current requirement but can have a future requirement. The company is service oriented. When keeping this materials on stock, they should only be available for the specific customer. the stock is valuated and owned by the company.

It looks like a kind of sales order stock, however, without the requirement from a sales order.

I have thought of the following:

create a dummy sales order that generates a preq and PO. GR is done based on the sales order stock. Once really needed a 413 E can be done from dummy sales order stock to real sales order.

However, are there other options available?

Current proces is that we have a service order with an external requirement that generates a preq with account assignment F so when performing GR, the items do not get on stock but are posted to the order.

any suggestions?

thanks,

MZ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is something called CIR/PIR [Customer independent requirements/Planned Independent requirements]. I used this in one of my earlier projects.

You can uplaod the stocks (special) against CIR. This way, the stock is available only for that customer.

Then from there, you can move that to RO (Release Order) stock.

Hope, I am clear with you.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst

SAP SD/MM/CIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is something called CIR/PIR [Customer independent requirements/Planned Independent requirements]. I used this in one of my earlier projects.

You can uplaod the stocks (special) against CIR. This way, the stock is available only for that customer.

Then from there, you can move that to RO (Release Order) stock.

Hope, I am clear with you.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst

SAP SD/MM/CIN

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that it would be better to have a WBS element as the specific stock keeper, and not a dummy customer order. This way the process flow is natural in SAP.

So you can purchase and keep the dedicated valuated stock on a WBS. Then when the REAL order is coming in, you just need to link it (on line item level) to the right WBS.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Would you be able to describe the process a bit more detailed?

Starting point is a CS service contrqct for which we would need to keep specific stock on stock.

thanks a lot.

MZ

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create a WBS element, and assign it to the contract (optional).

You procure materials to the WBS (account assignment), and receive it (and manage it) in the WBS stock. Of course, you need to think on how you physical manage the stock, with an identification to which WBS it belongs, etc..

When you create an actual sales order (against the contract), either the WBS is copied from the contract, or you manually maintain it. Thus the sales requirement is created in the WBS segment, and should then meet the stock that you prepared there in advance. If there's not enough, or no stock at all, MRP will create a supply planned element for the procurement with the WBS assignment.

Last, when you have the required stock in the WBS segment, you directly deliver it to the customer from there.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've did some tests and I manage somehow to get into WM as project stock.

I am not into PS but as in this case we use WBS elements, we are obliged to use PS, right? When yes, does that also mean that we are obliged to settle etc etc?

Thanks,

MZ

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WBS being a cost object also, I would say taht you need to consult with a CO guy regarding the settlement issue.

Mario