cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick Pack Time and Route

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I know that Pick and pack times are using the Shipping point working times or calendar.

Just to confirm, can I say that Pick / pack time cannot be derived from the Route?

regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really depends on what value you set in the field Determine Pick/Pack time in the shipping point definition. If value A is selected then the pick/pack time becomes route dependant.

By definition the pick/pack time is the time in days that is required for allocating goods to a delivery as well as the time in days that is required for picking and packing. It is calculated using the shipping point, the route, and the weight group of the order item. (from help.sap.com at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm). So the route can impact the pick/pack time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth and Shiva,

Allow me to clarify my question. What i meant was

is it true that Pick / Pack time can also be setup to be defined in the Route in addition to being defined in the Shipping point.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JohnTivoli

Request you to once again go through (word by word), the answer given by our senior Mr.Shiva Ram.

& then come back with a better, clear & sensible question.

I am sure, you can do that.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst

SAP SD/MM/CIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JohnTivoli

Request you to once again go through (word by word), the answer given by our senior Mr.Shiva Ram.

& then come back with a better, clear & sensible question.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

SAP SD/MM/CIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JohnTivoli

& then come back with a better, clear & sensible question, which I can understand.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

SAP SD/MM/CIN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 2nd statement , what you said, is very very vague.

Answer is Yes & no.

To confine, answering to this question, the concept of pick/pack time does NOT hold good for "Routes". (Also functionally)

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

SAP SD/MM/CIN