Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing interface

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have been using ( implementing ) interfaces in the components, for example i used iwd_value_help. however i still have no clarity how WD framework is able to communicate with the component implementing interface iwd_value_help.

the basic question here is, what is wd framework, is it class implementing interfaces generated when we create views and other stuff. and this class( WD fw ) is going to call these implemented methods of the interface??

please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>i have been using ( implementing ) interfaces in the components, for example i used iwd_value_help. however i still have no clarity how WD framework is able to communicate with the component implementing interface iwd_value_help.

Web Dynpro can create a component usage based upon the interface type alone. This is very similar to normal ABAP OO when you create/get an instance of a class but only know the interface. Basically this is polymorphism at the component level.

>the basic question here is, what is wd framework, is it class implementing interfaces generated when we create views and other stuff. and this class( WD fw ) is going to call these implemented methods of the interface??

Simple answer: yes, exactly as you describe. Everything relates back to generated and local classes. The framework can interact with them becuase all the generated classes implement SAP provide framework interfaces.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. any time we say WD framework this means classes which implement the predefined interfaces related to wd abap given by SAP are together considered as WD framework.

Answers (0)