cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document download error from BDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BDS to download/upload documents into SAP using webdynpro abap. I am able to successfuly upload docs but I cannot download it .

To open the documents I am using method cl_bds_document=>display. This method is working fine if I run it directly but gives me and "unknown error" of termination type "ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE" ( see it using ST11) which I dont understand.

Same method has worked for me in other client environment in WebDynpro environment but i dont has access to that system to compare result.

The one thing i found it when I execute the method directly, the function module GUI_HAS_ACTIVEX returns X while when I run it from WD ABAP, it comes as blank. I even tried to create an iview of my application and test it from portal but no success.

If I use OAOR transaction, I can see my documents are getting uploaded successfully and I can open it also. I tried various file types but no success.

Please help.. I just cant understand how to fix it....

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would be a bit suprised if you were ever able to use this method from within Web Dynpro. This class and method were designed for SAPGUI and use SAPGUI calls to display or download the content. You need to call other API methods of the BDS in order to get the attachment content back as an XSTRING. Then you could use a mechanism like the FileDownload UI element to send it to the browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.. It worked.. I hope last time also iit must be done differently than display method of cl_bds_document_class .

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am facing problem to download document uploaded in office 2007 format like docx and xls. How we should handle these documents?

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't see why you would need to do anything different with those document types than any other. Perhaps if you describe your problem in more detail...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Do you remember how did you solve this issue? as I am facing the same issue in downloading template from portal ( wdc) using BDS (template saved in OAOR). Can you please help me with this?

Regards,

Karthik.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We are facing similar issue. Can you please brief about downloading BDS document from Webdynpro. What are other methods of BDS we can make use of it for downloading excel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

I have been using the "Upload document to BDS" function.  Unfortunately, our plant site went to Office 365 and now the BDS function is no longer working.  This functionality has only worked for me  when I used excel 97.  Do you have any suggestions how I can correct or work around this issue?