Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24 - add auhorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need an authorization check on the level of "sales group" (VKGRP) in some SD transactions (for example in VA05).

I tried it with object V_VBKA_VKO and i added the object to transaction VA05, using SU24.

Then I created a new role with the requested authorization on Object V_VBKA_VKO. Unfortunately the tests are nagative - the authorization trace shows, that V_VBKA_VKO is not checked while processing the transaction and the user sill can see all customer data.I also checked the customer tables usobx_c and usobt_c, the values are ok.

What ist my mistake, can somebody help me?

Thanks & regards,

Mirjam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Plain & simple: if the ABAP code for VA05 does not check for V_VBKA_VKO, adding to SU24 will not change that.

SU24 only affects the checks for objects that already are in the code.

Frank.

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to trigger the authority-check in the coding of the applicaiton.

Try the search for instance for 'authority-check' - this will give you some mopre useful hints.

b.rgds, Bernhard

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Plain & simple: if the ABAP code for VA05 does not check for V_VBKA_VKO, adding to SU24 will not change that.

SU24 only affects the checks for objects that already are in the code.

Frank.